• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Put my truck to work a little yesterday.

hoot

Recruit
Reaction score
Doing some hardscaping. I'm not sure what it all weighs but the WAWA air station could only give me 75 psi for the airbags.
There's 6 bags of stone dust that weigh about 250-300lbs.

0001.jpg

0005.jpg

Wow, you got quite a load there! Loading it up was the easy part. Unloading it at your house without a lift truck is the hard part. :D

Real nice looking truck! :thumbsup:

Thats a load! Hey I left my leg in Pa. At Geisinger hospital in Danville, I lived in Elysburg,home of Knoebels Amusement park! Loved Knoebels, anybody would like it, greatest place n no admission and lots of fun rides. Oldest two wooden roller coasters in the world. Try the bison burgers or thin crust NY pizza!

Yea Bill we've been to Knoebels a few times. You are right... very cool place. Like going back in time. I always remember the "SANKA" sign at the coffee concession. Very well run. What happened that you lost your leg?
Mike

Fell unloading horse feed n broke foot. They tried to fix it for fwo years n they gave up. Went to Giesenger to volunteer for a experimental cadaver bone transplant with hyperbaric oxygen chamber. Sudden antibiotic resistant staph infection caused emergency amputation. Staph nearly killed me n the antibiotics n staph caused a lot of wierd health issues so now disabled. Life is good tho, still able to do a lot just have to do it slow n take breaks. Thank God for Giesenger, probably would a died at most hospitals. Spent a year with Giesenger. Winter is interesting there, people should visit that area n see the ice frozen on the rock cliffs where they cut the roads thru mountains, amazing shapes n colors. Also in spring the ice breaks up on the Susquehanna river n piles up in huge stacks. Place is as cold in winter as a witches butt! Had the inside of my nose freeze up in the cold there, what a strange feeling! LOL

How long since the leg? I know you have to be careful with antibiotics as we get older. They can shut your kidneys down.

Pennsylvania is a beautiful state. Lived here almost all of my life. Here's a view of our place today..

This was this spring just as the leaves were coming out. Skunk cabbage out in the swamp. We were having some landscaping redone. 34 ton of Delaware River rock.

0064.jpg

Fell ------staph infection -------Staph nearly killed me -------- Life is good tho, still able to do a lot just have to do it slow n take breaks. LOL

Bill, I'm so glad you came through all that and can still have such an upbeat attitude!!! I appreciate it.

What you went through, and my situation, are so similar it is eerie.

Don

Nice load Mike. I take it you swapped in the Cummins or converted a Ram to PW. Cool truck!
I drove my '03 8.1/A SC-LB about 15 mi with a pallet of Unilok block back in '04. It was about the same size load. You could smell the hot gear oil by the time I got it home.

Back