• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Puppy Barrier

Ozzie

Snow looming...run!!
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but travelling with our dog can be a bit of a pain. She has the whole real seat area (4 door platform), but as soon as we get out, up front she goes...hair and nose prints all over in my area. I put a stop to it finally.

Total material cost = 5 bucks...value = priceless.
It isn't quite finished yet, but this is a great functional way to get it done.
No tools for R&R either.

Attachments

• puppy barrier1.jpg
    puppy barrier1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 29
  • puppy barrier2.jpg
    puppy barrier2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 47
Thanks - the top corners fit inside the assist handles, and the bottom bar snuggles right into the latches that are exposed on the back of rear seats when they tilt forward to make the floor. It doesn't move or rattle, and is easily removed. Now that I've driven with it, it doesn't interfere with vision or air flow. I can even retrieve a gallon jug of water from the cooler.

Cool...my dog rides in the bed though. Rode in the truck once and his short hair on the seat covers was a huge pain to get off.:frown2:

I don't know about you guys, but travelling with our dog can be a bit of a pain. She has the whole real seat area (4 door platform), but as soon as we get out, up front she goes...hair and nose prints all over in my area. I put a stop to it finally.

Total material cost = 5 bucks...value = priceless.
It isn't quite finished yet, but this is a great functional way to get it done.
No tools for R&R either.

Cool Beans...Mine don't ride up front(2 Labs)...unless it's a very short trip they are kenneled in the bed of the truck...

Wow that really does look like a good idea. I have seen ones in jcwhitney for like $200. But your idea is definatly best bang for the buck! I dont have dogs but my gf's dad has a couple and they always go in his van. Ill have to tell him!

Dog-or-cat-hair removal is easy if you use rubber gloves... just the kind you wear to do dishes. Rub the fabric with your glove and the hair just rolls right up... have a vacuum hose in the other hand and you can clean a truck in 5 minutes!

Dog-or-cat-hair removal is easy if you use rubber gloves... just the kind you wear to do dishes. Rub the fabric with your glove and the hair just rolls right up... have a vacuum hose in the other hand and you can clean a truck in 5 minutes!

I'm going to try that tomorrow! That will give me something to do on my vacation..
I need to build me a dog barrier as well for the dually..

After a few outings I am happy to report total success. For only a few dollars and a half hour putting it together, it is portable a very functional. My dog doesn't even try to come up front and she gets plenty of air circulation.

Back