• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

pump rub

Duramaxx04

Reaction score
anyone have/had a issue whit this here?
i have almost 70k on my truck and have never had a problem so far not even a drip of oil on the outside of my case

Havent had a problem yet.

But when im doing the tranny, Im adding merchants fix to the T case.

I have not personally experienced it but i have seen it at work a time or too. mostly all half tons though

I believe mike L has an item that works for the pump rub as well that may be more inexpensive. it doesnt look as pretty as merchants but if it does the job the more frugal individuals may want to look into it.

my 02 didnt have a problem and had 80k on it when i got rid of it. now my 06 has 30k on it and when the trans gets done monday it will get the update. my trany guy said he has seen alot and usally mods all the trucks that come in. cheap insurance. from what i have heard, its not if its when.

My 03 had a problem. It was fixed under my extended warranty, cost the warranty company around $800 IIRC.

I had kept the case for a few months, but finally tossed it out.

Crappy design if you ask me.

Mine has it. I just have JB weld on it. I bought the kit from Merchant but haven't gotton around to it yet. It has been that way since last june.

61k nothing yet. Probably shouldn't have said that...
I do have the 3 qt. Mobil 1 fill though which might be a help for longevity.

I bought my truck used. It looks like one case half is a lot newer, so I'm guessing it's had it before. Does gm update them when they are fixed?

It is not a question of "if" but "when". Due to the design, they all will sooner or later.

X2. That's my thought too.
I inspect mine T-case every month or two, with no issues yet on my 02 with 96K miles.
I have the MA upgrade sitting on my tool box, soon to be installed.

Back