• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

pulsing pedal on dry pavement

Woody35

Reaction score
no codes it just spradically been happening for the last three months. during light braking the pedal will pulse like im on ice or snow. then my reaction is to quickly get off the pedal then i reapply it and everything is fine. brakes are all under a year old all the way around and resovior is full with new fluid a year ago. also bled the brakes then. no lights no codes. also i can do a full on panic stop at 50 mph and abs works fine.

Sounds like a lighly warped rotor that once it gets warm (with the initial apply) it straightens out.

I doubt it. I would tend to agree with BT if everything else is tight. Put a dial indicator on it and see if there is any warpage.

Check the sensor and sensor wires on the ABS. In fact disable the ABS unit to rule it out.
Drums can also cause pedal pulse. So can hard spots that 'refuse' to get turned out as the cutting tool will bounce off them. That leaves a hard spot that will give you a pulse 3000 miles or so after a brake job. You set a hard spot after a panic stop and then sitting on the brakes without moving. The red hot pads stay in contact with the rotor while the rest of the rotor can cool... leaving a hard spot under the pads.

Back