• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pulling Season is here!!!!

durallymax

Reaction score
Well its finally here Ive been working late nights all week getting the truck ready.

So far Ive gotten the new gauges in, sleeves, centerlink, traction bars and worked a lot with the EFI Live.

Still to come if I have time are clamps, blocks, adjustable pulling hitch and weight bracket.

Ive been doing all this all while working on putting an altered farm 1066 back together so that its ready.

So the first pull is Saturday night in Sauk City.

Next pull is Sunday in Harrisville.

As for next weekend I dont know yet. Im might be in Michigan having Eric do my tranny.

Anybody else gonna be at either of the pulls.

Is that Ally going to make it though the pull? :noidea:

Hopefully I can nurse it through both of them. Im still gonna run the huge tune which is tweaked even more now. The biggest difference is that it fuels to 4700RPM.

The ally is getting built ASAP. But sauk is local so I have to pull there.

Theres always that junk you can pour in to nurse the tranny.

Hope it holds up for ya!

Good Luck! :beer:

And I just found another event to attend that has great potential to blow up my truck before both of the pulls.

The landmark agronomy services fertilizer buggy pull in Juda.

Basically you pull a 7,000lb fertilizer buggy as fast as possible up a hill. A paved hill.

Not sure if im gonna do it or not. Free food though for me since were a patron.

Video tape the pulls in case your tranny goes. I wanna see that. I wish my truck was setup to pull. Id like to do a couple this year.

Definalty take a video cam, post em' up afterwards..:cool:

I video tape all of my pulls. The only one I didnt video tape was my first pull ever in this truck last year at my hometown pull. Otherwise I have the rest and often laugh at them because my front end is flopping around like crazy and i just look retarded. Not only that the truck looks 100 times different. Ill post one of the old ones up for you sometime.

As for anyone else who wants to pull just once. Your truck will be OK for one pull. Just make sure you drop the torsion bars and have a clevis. Thats basically the rules.

Dont really worry about EGTs too much, I peaked at 2076* last year. But its for such a short time that the turbine cant actually heat up and melt.

Shift into neutral at the end.

Im stopping now. Im off to make a thread with pulling tips.

Well I decided the Juda fertilizer pull would destroy my truck so I didnt do that.

Sauk went OK, finished in the middle. Didnt get out of the hole good and it shifted too soon so I couldnt really get the RPMs up.

But as far as other DMaxes went. 1st place was a cummins and then all the way down to 7th were Dmaxes.

They paid out to 10th.

You did very respectable V, that was a very dry track which is unusual. I was lucky enough to be sitting in the stands near a bunch of idiots. The whole pull they were bragg'in on Larse's Dodge, which is a pretty mean rig. One jackass was trying to tell me that it dyno'd at 1700 hp and 3000 lb/ft!! He even claimed he was there when it blew up the dyno!! What a jackass!!!:pound:

BTW, that was my little brother who pulled that black '94 Ford with the shiny new black paint.......:)

Ya I had fun bragging too.

All of the guys around me were Dodge or ford guys.

Larses dodge always runs strong.

But man that track was dry. Ive never seen that much dust on a pull track in wisconsin.

I was surprised how good my tune ran. Didnt look like it fueled too much in the video just a nice cloud. Ive added a little more timing though to try and use up some more of that fuel. I did notice in the video that the truck was popping a little bit at the end.

But for the first run on my new setup, I was pretty impressed. I wish the wouldve let me come back and rehook, being the test puller, I might have been able to do a little bit better.

Looks like Ill have some down time to install the new tranny, do some tuning, build the blocks,, the hitch and build the weight bracket.

I might make some LONG traction bars for pulling only. I just installed a set of caltracs, but there too short for pulling.

I really need to get more weight transfer to the front.

my damn camera says, condensation please remove tape and let sit for 1hr.

No video yet. Im actually going to make that pulling thread now. I started making it but then my computer shut down. I was mad.

dont yea remember lodi last year that was dry as hell at the end of the night nothing compared to sauks and that black ford was a damn sharp truck dont see to many that style in that good of shape

I guess I do remeber lodi being dusty. But we pull first there.

And doylestown was a little dry.

And I agree, his truck was one of the best looking there if there was a show and shine class.

doylestown was wet as hell dont yea rember the rut going to the scale and the sled like sinking in spots i cant beleave they had pulls that day after the damn near inch of rain the nite before

Yes. I rememer it being wet like crazy, we were kind of in a marsh though.

But I also rememeber the huge dust clouds from pulling. I have the video here Ill post them up if you want.

Back