• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PSA: Flight Systems PMDs now have Lifetime warranty!

We will see. Have not had a warranty return in over a year.

I don't know if they are betting on these trucks being so old that the original PMD purchaser will still have it to make the claim?

I doubt I will ever get to find out, only changed bad ones that showed up, once a new one gets on a Leroy heatsink and cable, I have never had to re-do one.

I think dying pumps pulling alot of juice through the PMD might be the only thing that can kill a remote PMD?

I doubt I will ever get to find out, only changed bad ones that showed up, once a new one gets on a Leroy heatsink and cable, I have never had to re-do one.

I think dying pumps pulling alot of juice through the PMD might be the only thing that can kill a remote PMD?

X2 on Leroy heatsink and USA made extension cable stopping PMD pain. Leroy's two items even with a Stanadyne PMD did not give me trouble in the extreme heat of AZ along with the fuel level sensor METRUM ROD FSU. I will suggest that colder temperatures in places that have this strange winter and white stuff all over the place experience a greater temperature swing between freezing cold and operating temperature, thus, YMMV. Sedona winter with said white stuff, 4x4 on road use, that the PMD equipped burb "toured" doesn't qualify for extreme winter in places say where AC compressors are considered dead weight. Case in point I dislike the PMD system over it's reputation and poor design from GM and GM's supplier Stanadyne rather than experiencing failures myself simply because I went with a known and proven aftermarket cure from day 1.

I chose Stanadyne 1/2 a decade ago as the reputation of both Flight Systems and Stanadyne were just as questionable at the time. Others can comment on any improvement to said reputations as I haven't run the Flight Systems stuff myself and have no need at the moment for a PMD.

I stopped selling Stanadyne PMD because of warranty issues. It was a pain on my end to recover a new replacement PMD or a credit. The customer never knew because I would pull out of stock a new PMD and send it out. But on my end behind the scenes sucked.
That and a couple other issues I just stopped. With FS going to lifetime warranty its a no brainer now.

Leroy does flight system PMD kit still come with Lifetime warrant? I need to order one for my Tahoe and the $230 for the flight kit as opposed to $299 Dtech is more affordable for my hurting pocket.

Is one really better/more reliable then the other?

Hey Leroy, I just ordered it. Just please update me by calling me, when you ship it because I know you were out of town. I think... You should have my number. Thanks a Million Leroy

Back