• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PS Fluid for the Duramax

Is you rear brakes working correctly? Have you tried using braided stainless brake lines? The braiding is supposed to help with expansion due to excessive fluid pressure. Which is a bad spot on GM trucks for causing a mushy pedal.

Is you rear brakes working correctly? Have you tried using braided stainless brake lines? The braiding is supposed to help with expansion due to excessive fluid pressure. Which is a bad spot on GM trucks for causing a mushy pedal.
I haven't done the brake lines. I have read a lot of stuff pro and con on this subject and I don't know if it is worth the risk. I just don't know. :???:

WHen i went with extended lines for my lifted K5, I decided on rubber, only because I hear that some of the braided line can snag hard on stuff off road and cause other things to break. So I went with rubber, because the off road terrain around here is filled with bushes, rocks, trees, marshes with dead pointy spruce trees around, etc. So I wanted to keep them as my weakest link.

If I had a mostly road going vehicle, they would get braided lines. Coupled with lubricated and properly setup brakes or even a rear disc kit. This would make for a trong setup without spending a ton to replace everything.

WHen i went with extended lines for my lifted K5, I decided on rubber, only because I hear that some of the braided line can snag hard on stuff off road and cause other things to break. So I went with rubber, because the off road terrain around here is filled with bushes, rocks, trees, marshes with dead pointy spruce trees around, etc. So I wanted to keep them as my weakest link.

If I had a mostly road going vehicle, they would get braided lines. Coupled with lubricated and properly setup brakes or even a rear disc kit. This would make for a trong setup without spending a ton to replace everything.
I haven't ruled out the braided lines, but I'm kinda dealing with injectors right now, and the local dealership wants $7000 to do everything..Ouch! Might be awhile before I get back around to the brake issue.

the injectors can be gotten at a reasonable price if you know where to get them ;) ...and you can get good labor that won't rip you off if you are willing to drive...

did they break down the cost of parts and labor and what they were going to do for you...I'd love to see that quote...

the injectors can be gotten at a reasonable price if you know where to get them ;) ...and you can get good labor that won't rip you off if you are willing to drive...

did they break down the cost of parts and labor and what they were going to do for you...I'd love to see that quote...
Sooo, you sayin' you know a guy that knows a guy? :hihi:

I started the new job and time is tight, but I need to get down there and find out about what the break-down is for that kinda money. I was talking to the Service manager and he said they do a lot of them, and it runs about $7000. I been nursing them for about a year but I know if I wait too long I'll be fixing pistons and such. There was a time I could drive and I was going to, but a wise fellar saved me...;)

I dunno what I'll do for the labor end, but I'll drop you a line about parts.:thumbsup:

Sooo, you sayin' you know a guy that knows a guy? :hihi:

I started the new job and time is tight, but I need to get down there and find out about what the break-down is for that kinda money. I was talking to the Service manager and he said they do a lot of them, and it runs about $7000. I been nursing them for about a year but I know if I wait too long I'll be fixing pistons and such. There was a time I could drive and I was going to, but a wise fellar saved me...;)

I dunno what I'll do for the labor end, but I'll drop you a line about parts.:thumbsup:

If you can make it down to zephyrhills, Fl (north of Tampa) I'd recommend you PM Fermanator...he knows his stuff on the the LB7 and I'd be willing to bet you you would get a fair price on the labor that does not involve vaseline...or a courtesy reach around...:hihi:

Back