• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pros/Cons of LLY?

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What do you like?

What don't you like?

Know issues?

no injector issues.

dont like the turbo mouthpiece, injector harness issues, emissions controls, and the overheathing issues. thats in a nutshell

So far, I do not have any complaints. I do not tow much, nor do I run the truck hard, so I do not have any overheating issues.

I have a lly 2004.5 no real issues yet, no overhearing, no starting problems, haul a 10,000 pound 5-wheel, and 8000 pound trailer around.

No issues that would make me want a newer one. Tow an 8500lb tt and have never overheated, even though 8500 isn't a lot. In fact, the more I drive it, the more I love it. Jerry.

49,000 miles without problems of any kind. Can't beat the mileage as far as I am concerned.

lly probs

So, no-one here has the dreaded ISS clunk, or #2 #7 injector harness issue, or failing tow haul switch wires, or cluster failure, or pump rub, or tail shaft seal-bushing failure.:noidea:

So, no-one here has the dreaded ISS clunk, or #2 #7 injector harness issue, or failing tow haul switch wires, or cluster failure, or pump rub, or tail shaft seal-bushing failure.:noidea:

None of those issues for me.

None of these issues for me yet. 91k miles

Love mine ,no major problems so far after 80k miles. Only wish I had the 6 speed tranny.

Back