• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Propane conversion on a Nissan Titan

Well I worked on mine most of the day and did not get anything done except the intake is back on. Rest of the time was tring to find a spot for both of the regulators. Finally decided on a spot using two of the rack & pinion bolts and a unistrut bracket.
Well the bolt on the Rack was literally the tightest bolt Ive ever seen on a vehicle. I could not budge it and can't get a good angle for a good pull on it. I gave up and decide to just add another nut over the top as there is plenty of thread, but that lead to a wild goose chase. The nut is metric and bigger than 14mm so no hardware store carries one. I'll get one tomorrow at a fastener shop.
What a wasted day!

2012-12-12_11-02-15_217.jpg
2012-12-12_10-58-13_130.jpg
2012-12-12_10-59-11_995.jpg
2012-12-12_11-01-28_116.jpg
2012-12-12_11-12-55_411.jpg

2012-12-12_10-57-17_579.jpg

Cool thanks, looks simular, but different than mine.

Got most of mine installed today, a few wires to hook up and run the propane lines.
The tank Im using is from a convertion we did back in 77-78 and the propane thats still in it is from 1985, think its still good?

Yeah, but before I try it Im going to get the opinion of my propane guy. Not worth (in todays money) 6-7 bucks if it could present a problem.

BTW: gas was $2.76 today with .10 discount its $2.67!!

Just about forgot this thread!
Anyway a new update: Been running on LPG now. Its awesome! LPG is still $1.89 and I believe a rebate of $.50 per gallon is available that brings price to $1.39/gal. I need to find out more on that.
Anyone interested in a kit? $1300/no tank. I got a "like new" tank on Craigslist for $200. Its a 35 gallon.

Just about forgot this thread!
Anyway a new update: Been running on LPG now. Its awesome! LPG is still $1.89 and I believe a rebate of $.50 per gallon is available that brings price to $1.39/gal. I need to find out more on that.
Anyone interested in a kit? $1300/no tank. I got a "like new" tank on Craigslist for $200. Its a 35 gallon.
Dear Leroy,

Does your LPG conversion kit work on Nissan Armada LE 2007 5.6L?
Does it really saves my budget? In my country Mongolia, the Propane gas is about 0.5 per liter and for petrol it is 0.8 per liter. Does LPG conversion will really save my cost on petrol?

Regards
Batsuren

It worked great on my Nissan Titan 5.6 so don't see why it wont work on yours too.
You just have to do the math to see if converting is worth doing.
Gasoline vs LPG cost + cost of kit. Difference is the payback time.
LPG will run so much cleaner too, your oil will last longer and your tail pipe will be soot free.

It worked great on my Nissan Titan 5.6 so don't see why it wont work on yours too.
You just have to do the math to see if converting is worth doing.
Gasoline vs LPG cost + cost of kit. Difference is the payback time.
LPG will run so much cleaner too, your oil will last longer and your tail pipe will be soot free.
Dear Leroy

How many liters of gas used per 100km?

Regards
Batsuren

Back