• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project 350HP update

I guess we could get into all the arguments about the diff between torque and HP but I'm about ready to go to bed. Maybe tomorrow though it would be a good discussion.

Yep, but you have to think that the engine is outputting the same force, the only difference is what that force is being applied to. We are measuring engine power.

I can put a 200hp 200ftlb engine in a ricer and it goes really fast, and that same engine will have 200hp and 200ftlbs in a dumptruck but just wont make it move.

Awesome good news!

Finally, some dang results.
2100RPM - 3800RPM
301/520
303/524
304/525
The coolest thing here, NO FRIGGIN DRUGS, this thing does this all day every day. haha! Just a turbo and some No. 2 Diesel, ULSD as a matter of fact, that's it (not even stanadyne additive).
Next: Drugs.

Great! Thanks for the report.
I'd much rather have a street monster over a dyno whore.
Dyno numbers don't always relate to real world performance, and situational practicality.

Drugs;
Please run some Optilube (or some other lube additive) soon, to keep this beast from decaying its pumps and injectors. It would be a shame to see things go downhill from simple wear. Thanks again!

Nice numbers cd!

I remember seeing your track numbers somewhere but can't remember them off the top of my head...what is that truck's best ET?

I would say impressive, not many 6.5's break the 300 hp barrier:thumbsup:
Let alone at the wheels

Is that rear wheel hp or is the drive train loss figured in ?

That's at the wheels, so the engine's making more at the flywheel. How much more, it's all a guess because of different drivetrain losses from transmission and differentials. It's an Automatic 700R4.

I'll have the scans of the dyno runs tomorrow, need to borrow the scanner at work.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I still want more out of this engine.

It's best ET is 13.69. 1/4 mile. with NO TRACTION (crappy 60's), in the middle of tubbing to fit the biggiest weenies I can stick underneath it. Torque is hard to hook.

Back