• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Problems with exhaust and air upgrade

sglide

Reaction score
All,

I have a 2007 GMC 2500 with the LBZ motor. I bought a magnaflow exhaust and an air raid for my upgrades but I've heard that when I put the exhaust on I will get a "check engine" light until I use a programmer to trick the computer. First of all, IS THIS TRUE and second, which programmer would be best.

THanks in advance,

Mark

It's very possible you can get a light when putting a exhaust on, this is usually only the case when you remove the cat. If you bought a Turbo Back exhaust, you would probably need a programmer to clear it.

As far as stopping the code. I know a few company's have the feature to stop the light, PPE and EFI Live are 2 off the top of my head. Maybe someone else can chime in and double check me. :)

i'm not sure but the finger stick may also help with the code associated with catalytic converter removal

i'm not sure but the finger stick may also help with the code associated with catalytic converter removal

Yea, I believe your right. But, I would rather just have a tuner and do it all! :D

Thanks for the advice. I just spoke with a tech from EDGE and was told that the tuners don't fix the code but just resets it. If I want to get rid of the code then I would have to buy a programmer to have the computer to shut off the part that monitors for the cat. So, I decided to get a cat back system from Magnaflow instead. This way I don't run into that problem and I can get my EDGE system at a later date.

Thanks again,

Mark

Thanks for the advice. I just spoke with a tech from EDGE and was told that the tuners don't fix the code but just resets it. If I want to get rid of the code then I would have to buy a programmer to have the computer to shut off the part that monitors for the cat. So, I decided to get a cat back system from Magnaflow instead. This way I don't run into that problem and I can get my EDGE system at a later date.

Thanks again,

Mark

Glad you got everything figured out! Feel free to ask anymore question's you might have. :)

You guys need to remember that not all trucks get a code. Some get one right away. Some get one while towing heavy. Some get one at certain altitudes, some get one when sled pulling, some get one drag racing, some get one when the moon turns to cheese, and some dont get one at all. I would assume first that it isnt gonna have a problem. I never had a problem with my 04.5 LLY nor have I had a problem with my LBZ.

Can someone please help me? i have an 06 dura max with 4 inch dual and an air raid cold air intake bully dog pmt with the crazy lary program. my problem is like when i get on it hard it will go real hard and then just like fall on its face and codes start poping up likr exhaust gas temps and other things can ne one tell me sumthing to do? i was thinkin bout takin crazy larry off? should i? every one i talk to trys to give me the run around.

are they telling you to not run the crazy larry because bully dogs tuning isnt very good?? if so they are right.

Is it going into limp mode. You will feel the truck slam into 4th gear and it wont shift out of it, and a CEL will come on. Codes P0700 and P0735 are the most common for this.

ou could be slipping the trans and not knowing it too, if it goes and goes and then starts kinda falling on its face your trans could be slipping.

You could also be draining the rails.

Back