• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Problem with Chat/java...

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
When I go to the chat here it says I need a newer version of Jave, but when I go to Java's site, it tells me I have the most current version available. Whats wrong? For what its worth, The chat doesn't work for me on DP but dose on GMFS..
Thanks for reading :smile5:
Justin

Justin...it is safe to download the Java Plugin...you'll need that for Chat...I had to download it myself...so no ...you didn't break it...this time...or should I say...yet...

But the problem Im having is when I went to download it, it says I already have the lastest, most up-to-date version... :(
I broke my computer haha

Mine worked fine... you guys with issues, have you cleared your browser cache?

If NOT... Try that first. Go to Tools-->Internet Options and click on the button for "Delete Files" in the middle box (the box is labelled 'Temporary Internet Files' in blue)

Delete the cookies while you're there. Justin, you can right-click on your trash can and choose 'Run CCleaner'.

Let me know how it worked out, guys.

Jim

Okay... go to Start->control panel ->java and in the top frame, it whould have a button for version information. You should have version 1.6.0 ... if not, go to the tab labelledd 'update' and click on 'update'

Again, let me know what you get.

Bah...now I remember what a pain it can be to update Java. I'm having install issues myself, but I'm on a slow wireless as I'm out of town so I can't be of much help right now.

Nope, you have the correct (newest) update.

Okay, let's try...

Close your internet browser.

Click Start->Control Panel->Java->General

There are 3 windowpanes on this page...The bottom one should be "Temporary Internet Files"

Click on the Settings button, click on Delete Files, click OK, OK, Apply, OK.

Then start up your browser and try the chat again.

Let me know what happens!

OK I did that, except for "apply" after the first 2 OKs, it never asked me to apply...
Still no worky

Crap, crap, and crap.

Need more info... go Start->control panel->java and click on the Advanced tab.

Go down to 'default java for browsers' and click on the + sign to expand the list. It should show checkboxes for Internet Explorer and Mozilla .. and both should be checked.

By the way, which browser are you using, Firefox or internet explorer??

OK, I checked both, only the internet one was.
I have no idea, how do I tell? I have At&t yahoo for my internet...

Look up top in the blue bar... it should say "problem with chat/java ... and end with either "Microsoft Internet Explorer" or "Mozilla Firefox"

In the File, edit, view menu at the top, right at the end should be a 'Help' menu... click on that and go down to 'About (firefox or explorer) and it will tell you what version you have

Back