• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

predator

kramer56

Recruit
Reaction score
Hey has anyone here ever installed a predator on a 07 new body style 5.3L yet. If so exactly what fuse numbers are they that you have to pull. This truck has onstar and I really do not want to have any problems with this tuner or pcm since it isn't mine.
The truck is a buddy of mine and this just scares me a little bit. If anyone has done it does this tuner do anything good and impressive for the truck or what?

I tuned a guy's truck at work during the winter. He's got an 03 6 liter 2500HD. It turned off the torque management and according to him, it made a huge difference, especially when towing. We didnt pull any fuses either.

hey bud I just finished doing it for him. I pulled the recommended fuses to safe.
The thing is that I put it only in the 87 octane because of the low grade fuel he had in it, would it hurt anything if I put the high tune with the 87 fuel?
we didn't modify the tune at all I probably should've played around a bit with it to see what was out there in the modify section. He just wanted more towing so we will see.
I told him to get the higher octane fuel so we can see what that does.

Ya know if it were a Dmax he would have power issues lmao!!!!!

I would not see why it would hurt anything, but are going to run 87 or 93 later on down the road everytime.

because of price most likely 87,
when towing he may go to 91 or higher omg its been so long since i bought gas i forget the numbers they use for octane lol

WTF lol go S&B intake.
I also ordered the S&B for this 5.3L truck that I put the predator in. He is really hoping for the two things to improve the engine quality and some more mpg's. Still no more numbers on this tuner in this motor huh?

Now I def wanna go turboback find me a magnaflow frontpipe Nick, you probably got one in your closet or you'll just pull it out your a**, you always come up with whatever I ask for lol.

Lol....

I'd say run Steve's MBRP muffler instead of that Magnaflow. I made that switch on my 04.5 LLY and it made my drone disappear and the turbo was WAYYY louder. He's running a straight pipe now. Maybe you two can switch or something. The MBRP is actually 8" longer than the Magnaflow muffler for your application. I assume that added length helped greatly with the drone for added resonance. I'm glad I switched back in the day. I was much happier with MBRP.

And I'm surprised you havent seen my old truck running around Carthage or Lowville. The guy who bought it lives in Lowville. Its the only carbon metallic GMC with a Westin bullbar on the front and fat ass exhaust pipe hanging out the rear...

you talking muffler or whole trurboback exhaust setup. I was going to look for the frontpipe not the whole exhaust, but let me know guys what you have, maybe I am misinterpreting.

OK so no one said anything about running the high tune with cheaper or low grade Gasoline yet. That is my real concern for now.
Installing the S&B intake in the morning I am sure that will help alot. but we are not sure what tune we can run with lower grade gas. He already said he doesn't want to buy the super grade so I hope he isn't limited to the 87 octane tune.
Anyone????

It should have 2 tunes available for that application. Why cant you just tune it for 87 and be done with it?

yes sir that is correct but like anyone else if that tuner has a higher tune why not run it, right? oh well I am going to call the company and ask some more questions about it.

He might get some pinging when he runs it at wide open throttle from the timing advance running it on 87. It isnt gonna kill anything though. My car is tuned for 93 so thats mainly what I run but I have filled the tank with 87 and I didnt notice, feel or hear any difference.

Back