• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PPE X Std

Dirtbikindad393

Reaction score
I bought one and while reading the instructions they don't really talk about the options. Should I just skip through them as I am only using the level 1,2 and 3 tunes until I find which one gives me the best mileage. My truck isn't driven hard. I don't do Mustang kills its a dasily driver and I have done mods and aftermarket items for mileage or longevity only.

So you think level 2 will be giving me the best mileage? If I did go to level 3 I would go back to 1 for towing purposes I don't want to take a chance on toasting my tranny.

I run my PPE on level 4 the 225hp setting. My transmission is stock but I do not drive it hard, very rarely. When I do put the right foot in it, I gradually work it up so as not to punish the tranny. I seem to get the same fuel mileage out of all levels, I think because I am easy on the right foot. Highway 20-21 mpg and city 17-18 mpg.

i have used all of the settings on mine except level 1 and have found that for me level 3 is the best for economy and level 4 is the most fun!

Ok so let me ask this. Everybody says with a PPE tuner I can block the codes from the egr block. Do I have to do something special to get it to do that or just have a tune and it does it?

Ok so let me ask this. Everybody says with a PPE tuner I can block the codes from the egr block. Do I have to do something special to get it to do that or just have a tune and it does it?

If I can remember right it is just one of the settings while tuning no big deal...

New to the forum and wanted to get an opinion from some people about the super chip cortex verses the PPE or the EFI live. I borrowed a Super Chip Cortex from a buddy of mine. I have a 2002 Duramax Diesel HD 2500 with 198000 miles on it and am running the cortex on the performance mode rite now but I think I am going to go back to performance/towing mode.I will be purchasing a tuner in the near future and just wanted to get an opinion from some people. I am not really worried about fuel mileage, the truck is not a daily driver but I don't want to tear it up neather. I am the only one that drives it and I don't beat it.

New to the forum and wanted to get an opinion from some people about the super chip cortex verses the PPE or the EFI live. I borrowed a Super Chip Cortex from a buddy of mine. I have a 2002 Duramax Diesel HD 2500 with 198000 miles on it and am running the cortex on the performance mode rite now but I think I am going to go back to performance/towing mode.I will be purchasing a tuner in the near future and just wanted to get an opinion from some people. I am not really worried about fuel mileage, the truck is not a daily driver but I don't want to tear it up neather. I am the only one that drives it and I don't beat it.

Picking a tuner really depends on what you want to do with the truck.

Just remember, anything over ~90HP and beating it will hurt the factory Allison.

The Superchips would probably be fine for you.

Back