• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PPE Tie Rod sleeves

Marauderer

Grumpy Old Cur***geon
Reaction score
I installed my TR sleeves today and I am not impressed. I understand the principle behind the sleeve but they just aren't impressive.

Anyone else running TR Sleeves that will speak up??

What's not impressive about them? They get the job done.

It is probably just me but the inner end of the tie rod is exposed about 1" and it just looks a little hokey.:eek: I know that the short piece exposed is much stronger than the whole tie rod being exposed. Just a comment and I see you have run these and from your comment they did what they are suppose to.:D

Thanks for the input Jeff.:hihi::thumbsup:

It is probably just me but the inner end of the tie rod is exposed about 1" and it just looks a little hokey.:eek: I know that the short piece exposed is much stronger than the whole tie rod being exposed. Just a comment and I see you have run these and from your comment they did what they are suppose to.:D

Thanks for the input Jeff.:hihi::thumbsup:

4x4 boosted launches held up just fine.. :)

And many, many others can say the same.

Most of my truck work will be on road (4X4 Launches:hihi:) and some towing. I might do some two track off roading and as long as I take it easy i think I will be fine:D

I've got the Cognito HD tie rods and easily have upwards of 50 28lb+boosted launches on (IMO)well prepped tracks...more traction means more stress on the parts...I also have the controversial Cognito pitman Idler arm braces (put on at the same time of the tie rods)

I put the braces on also when I installed the sleeves. :eek:

There are a whole bunch of folks running them without problems and only a few with problems. :eek:

It makes one wonder exactly what is happening there. With my meager amount of knowledge on the subject it would seem that a lot of idlers arms and some pitman arms are not getting greased and are wearing out way before their time. I mean once the joint goes dry it only takes about 10K mi. and the joint is worn out. Throw in some really strong stresses and it will accelerate that wear rate.:hihi:

Back