• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PPE Boost Valve

tracker954x4

Reaction score
What kind of boost should be expected with the PPE boost valve?

I went from seeing about 25 without the valve to around 28 with it. Is that about where it should be with a stock turbo?

is that according to the edge?? The Edge isnt very accurate and being a GM mechanic you know where the boost sensor is at. So you are actually running 29-30psi of boost due to the loss of pressure from the intercooler.

33psi is the max you should see but for some reason lately mine has been pegging my 35psi gauge.

is that according to the edge?? The Edge isnt very accurate and being a GM mechanic you know where the boost sensor is at. So you are actually running 29-30psi of boost due to the loss of pressure from the intercooler.

33psi is the max you should see but for some reason lately mine has been pegging my 35psi gauge.

Yeah, thats reading off the edge. Haven't ever gotten the tech 2 out to compare the readings yet. Thats pretty much what i figured though.

Think it might be pegging the guage because the air is denser since its cold out?

possible but it never happened until I built my tranny.

The fact that I can shoot it beyond 35psi in a heartbeat makes me think its more than just the denser air.

But now we gotta think, does the decreased energy of #1 diesel decrease the total energy used to drive the turbine:D.

Your tech II reads off of the same sensor as the edge so they should be close. I guess I just never trusted those sensors as being accurate.

possible but it never happened until I built my tranny.

The fact that I can shoot it beyond 35psi in a heartbeat makes me think its more than just the denser air.

But now we gotta think, does the decreased energy of #1 diesel decrease the total energy used to drive the turbine:D.

Your tech II reads off of the same sensor as the edge so they should be close. I guess I just never trusted those sensors as being accurate.

Good point on the tranny issue.

Yeah, I know they read off the same sensor, I just wonder if there are any discrepincies in the readings like there are between the IPC and the tech 2:pop2::noidea:

now you sound like a GM tech saying everything but factory equipment is junk. :D

Oh no, don't get me wrong.....lol. Most of the factory stuff is junk:D. I get to fix all the screw ups that GM comes up with.:doh:

I reached 37psi. Stock turbo. Many times. Drilled boost vavle a little larger to regulate at 30psi....until new turbo !!

Back