• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power sliding window

05DMAXLLY

Reaction score
Was this an option on the rear sliding window? If so, how easy would it to convert one over to power? gm kit?

some guy from another site bought a truck from a dealer that said they will install it for him what a nightmare its been there endless times for different problems such as leaking and different electrical components not working

I dont think it became an option till the new body style came out. I wish i had one.

ya me too that would be sick. the nbs sliding ones just have the center section that slides right? not like on those toyotas where the whole window goes down

ya me too that would be sick. the nbs sliding ones just have the center section that slides right? not like on those toyotas where the whole window goes down
Yup, just the center. The windows in the doors of the ext. cabs roll down too.

Yup, just the center. The windows in the doors of the ext. cabs roll down too.

Those ext. cab rear windows are pretty sweet. I'm not too big on the Tundra rear window that the whole thing goes down. Do the NBS GM's center section of the rear window slide down or to the side? It would be cool to if there were a solid aftermarket deal to add on to the truck with the middle slider.

I had an aftermarket one in my previous truck 1995 ext cab Chev gasser. It really was nice and I miss it. I think I might be looking to have another one put in my current truck.

The center section slides to the side. I have one on my 2008 CC. It's really sweet. You give up the rear defroster, but you only have to open the window if you can't see out.

K

Wasn't the deal that you couldn't have the heated mirrors without the heated rear window and sliding rear you couldn't get the heated mirrors. I'm sure there could be a work around but not from the factory.

Something like that. From GM's site.

Power-Window-Switch.gif

17801488 Power Sliding Window Package 17801488 - Deep Tint RPO Codes Needed A28 AJ1 X88 Z88 RPO Codes not compatible NYS U1S

Upgrade your manual sliding rear window with this Power Sliding Rear Window. Just a touch to the dash-mounted power switch smoothly and quietly opens and closes your truck's sliding rear window, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road. Ideal for that hard-to-reach rear window in crew and extended cab trucks. Requires a manual sliding rear window (sold separately).

Back