• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power Service

Brooklyn Tow

9 11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Anyone notice that Power service changed the formula to their diesel additive......It seems it doesn't have that yellowish color anymore and the oder is not as strong......it looks and smells like water.

This is the white bottle I'm referring too.....I haven't had a look at the Grey bottle yet.

Anyone notice that Power service changed the formula to their diesel additive......It seems it doesn't have that yellowish color anymore and the oder is not as strong......it looks and smells like water.

This is the white bottle I'm referring too.....I haven't had a look at the Grey bottle yet.

I used a bottle a few days ago. had that same smell and color its had for years. Unless of course the bottle i got was old. Could you have gotten a bad bottle?

Are you buying the gallon jugs or the smaller one?

I buy the gallons and havent noticed any difference in smell/color.

-Nick

The older Power Service white bottles were anti-gel only. The newer bottles have cetane added. I think that is the difference.

The newer Power Service looks a lot like the Howe's additive.

They were also advertising a $4.00 mail in rebate on a large white bottle.

Moved to Fuels and Bio-fuels section.

Just dumped some in today and it seems the same (from the 250 jug - 80 oz I think). I bought it last Oct-Nov at $8.13/jug though.

Just had the same thot recently. Looks like water. Clear, almost odorless.
Now using the gray bottle.

I buy by the gallon.

I never purchase the white bottle, it does me no good down here.

I do get the grey every now and again. :thumbsup:

in my opinion. i used power service since 2000. i have not used it since early 2011. now i use howes. my truck starts better and is quiter. power service for sure aint the same. plus the jug size has changed. and the 80oz is like 15.99. howes is 12.00 for 64 oz. and i use less. thats just me.

Back