• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power Service - Clear Diesel - Fuel & Tank Cleaner

I've seen it in the stores the last few months and haven't tried it. Don't know anyone that has. I don't have storage at the farm for diesel either.

RUN AWAY!!!
"removes water and slime, disperses contaminants"
Yeah, disperses water to your expensive injectors rather than harmlessly falling to the bottom of the tank or staying on the dirty side of the filter.

"ULSD...more prone to water separation"
BullSnot! ULSD adsorbs more water than older diesel. Water and injectors don't mix period.

You want to drop the water out of the fuel not suspend it.

I haven't used that or even seen it around me. I'd stand clear of it. I use either the grey or the white depending on the seasons. What are you paying for Howe's these days James?

I haven't used that or even seen it around me. I'd stand clear of it. I use either the grey or the white depending on the seasons. What are you paying for Howe's these days James?

There's a guy that Blows out cases of it once inna while on Ebay. I'm still using the Meaner Power Cleaner (in the summer) and their Diesel Treat in the Winter.

But IIRC, I got both cases, 6 64oz bottles of Diesel Treat & 12 32oz bottles of Power Cleaner for less than $80/case

I bet most quality stations and distributors use something like this at least occasionally. I think to be safe I would use it when I know I am going to run it all the way out like on a trip. Then go back to a product that demulsifies. I wouldn't think its good for something you want to run and sit repeatedly.

Here's an update that I found in reply to someone else's question to PS about this product...

What do ya'll think?

Power Service recommends using a product called Clear Diesel Fuel & Tank Cleaner. It removes water, but it is not an emulsifier. Emulsifiers will pull excess free suspended water droplets into the fuel, which can be harmful to injectors. Clear Diesel is a solubilizer, meaning that it will thoroughly disperse water on a molecular level, and the water will be harmlessly carried out of your fuel system. Employees at PS personally uses this product with every tank on our Bluetec Benz’s, 2012 F-250’s, Q7 TDI’s. Without the use of a product such as this, you will eventually accumulate a water bottom in your fuel tank. PS typically recommend using Diesel Kleen with every tank, and Clear Diesel every 4th tank or so.

I'm pretty sure it's fine to follow their recommendation. I don't personally know anyone that has tried it though.

Here's an update that I found in reply to someone else's question to PS about this product...

What do ya'll think?

Power Service recommends using a product called Clear Diesel Fuel & Tank Cleaner. It removes water, but it is not an emulsifier. Emulsifiers will pull excess free suspended water droplets into the fuel, which can be harmful to injectors. Clear Diesel is a solubilizer, meaning that it will thoroughly disperse water on a molecular level, and the water will be harmlessly carried out of your fuel system. Employees at PS personally uses this product with every tank on our Bluetec Benz’s, 2012 F-250’s, Q7 TDI’s. Without the use of a product such as this, you will eventually accumulate a water bottom in your fuel tank. PS typically recommend using Diesel Kleen with every tank, and Clear Diesel every 4th tank or so.

So, I tend to be knowledgeable in this area for work. Monday I am actually building another water separation tank for a testing plant that produces fuel. There are 2 things you can do with water in diesel fuel. Cause it to separate so that you can remove it from the system (preferably at 195* F) or you can increase the solubility of it so it gets burned.

Here's the thing: At any station you can buy your fuel at up to 1% water, sorry that's legal. But just like you might bend the rules on say a speed limit, fuel will get more water than it should. What you have to ask yourself is "Is the convince of a bottle over a water filter worth injectors and an IP." There is NOTHING that can be done to water in fuel to make it good for a fuel system. What temp does water fractionate at? If you dump the oxygen into the HC chain you get an interesting burn in your engine. It has to go, If you have that much water constantly in your fuel you need a glass water separator so you can do a manual drain. Power Service has a good rep, and their product does what is says it will. I just wont put water through my IP or injectors on purpose- This from a guy whose 6.0 gasser gets conventional oil, oil changes at 10,000 miles because I don't mind a little abuse to trucks.

For anyone wanting to know part of the reason Mercedes diesels do so well in the fuel system, a pre filter, then a fuel heater that hits 195 before the water separator, and a final filter. Hmm...

Employees at PS personally uses this product with every tank on our Bluetec Benz’s, 2012 F-250’s, Q7 TDI’s.

What do I think . . .??? With a vehicle line-up like that in the company parking lot, I want a job at PS!! :D

Does not mean that I will buy any of those though; just save the extra $$$ for keeping the Burb running :)

What do I think . . .??? With a vehicle line-up like that in the company parking lot, I want a job at PS!! :D

Does not mean that I will buy any of those though; just save the extra $$$ for keeping the Burb running :)

I know right?! They got any Job Openings?

Back