• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power inventer cables shorted out on kenworth t680.

Your inverter should have a built in fuse and / or breaker depending on how many watts it is. You may have to remove fan plate to get to it.. post a pic of it so I know what you're working with..

Ok. There should be a inline fuse under the dash or possibly above the battery box.. was the inverter factory installed or aftermarket.. if it's factory then there may be a fuse s in the relay box. You should have a box in cab and possibly one under the hood

Welcome @gogobadr have you checked in your battery compartment? Not sure if you have them located inside the step beneath the drivers door or in a box between the frame rails behind the cab. I assume this inverter is an addon unit not factory. follow the wires from the inverter and where they go under the bed.

I just called kenworth , they are saying its a fuse next to the batteries. But they couldn't find the part or the part number. I'm going to call a different location hopefully they will know better. Thank you so much for your help.

Back