• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power for guages?

If you are looking to power the light,then a fuse tap connected to fuse #14 (dash lights)in the drivers side end of the dash will let you dim it like the gauge lights.

The wires to the radio are a convenient place to get dash light and/or switched power. If you want to tap the fuse box, I have used these Buss Add-A-Fuse gizmos. They work very well and allow you a dedicated fuse for what you are adding. Most of the chain auto parts stores have them, you just have to look. They are in the fuse section. Typically the counter guys will not know what you are looking for, so don't even ask - just search the fuse racks for them.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I used the CD player wiring for both lights and power since I removed my cd player for an ipod adapter and to make a spot to mount my digital gauges:

DSC03840copy.jpg

That looks awesome! I wonder if they would fit and look that good in the cassette player location in a 1994. I want/need the gauges but dont like the pillar mount and not much else place to put'em.

Back