• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power brake assist.....

I decided to put the old booster back in and see if it made a difference. Well brakes are great just the way they were when it was in before. Still leaks but I have brakes so I took the reman back and I'm gonna have to deal with with a leaky booster till I can get a brand new one. When I went to bring the supposed remanufactured one back to orielys the asked what I had in the box for them and I flat out told them a big ol' turd. Then explained and they apologised and refunded me. Then asked if I wanted to try another. Nope. I do appreciate all the responses and good instructions. I can now uninstall and reinstall the booster in my truck in about and hr and a half. Hoorah for practice.

Maybe lookup the rebuild kit for yours and rebuild it yourself. Note the kit is difficult to find.

Who ever thought that the state of the automotive world would come to this. The leaky old part works better than the remanufactured one. New means nothing either, and I wish I was joking.

Who ever thought that the state of the automotive world would come to this. The leaky old part works better than the remanufactured one. New means nothing either, and I wish I was joking.
Exactly why I had bought all the tools to do the hydroboost myself.........

The rebuild kit can be bought direct from MBM, they are the ONLY manufacture, they will sell to anyone, I have bought several from them, they sell direct from Ashville,NC... last kit was 50.00 $ and I messed up a seal once and they sent me a complete kit free.. great folks... give them a call is all ya need to do, I can't remember the guys name.... http://www.mbmbrakeboosters.com/

You can download rebuild directions from the site also...

They are tough to build untill ya do it a few times, if it's only the rear seal, just replace that seal and save the kit if needed...

Shipping Address:27 Mulvaney Street,
Asheville, NC 28803

Phone:
828-285-0882
800-231-4125

I had thought about rebuilding but I'm pretty sure the one I have isn't technically the right one for the brake code in the glove box. I would really like to have everything the way it's supposed to be. I'm a little ocd that way.

8 or 6 lug? 8600 GVW or the 7200 GVW? These all make the difference and even then GM used different brake parts for different reasons.

However if it works rebuild what you got.

Back