• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power before 2600/2800 RPM's

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
In looking over all of the information and trying a few different tuners, I have come to the realization that for me, I very rarely if ever, get high enough into the RPM band to enjoy or realize the full HP/Torque of the pre-programmed tuners on the market.

Is it possible to get a tune or tuner to maximize torque and HP prior to say 2600-2800 RPM's? I do not drive my truck that hard. I do not beat on the motor or transmission. I most always ease into the go pedal and hardly ever see the RPM's go that high. Only when I am in the tow haul mode do I get high RPM's. I personally would benefit greatly if I could ever get a low RPM power tune, but do not know if that is possible. I realize that this question has probably been asked a thousand times before and is the $64,000 dollar question of tuning, but I am just curious to hear from members here.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you

RPM is analogous to HP. If you want to avoid beating up your truck, then rpm shouldn't scare you, it is your friend. Worry about someone claiming high power at low rpm. That is where trucks blow up. Hope this helps.

It might be a bit adventagious to utilize some more of the rpm range. You dont need to go much higher, but getting the rpms up will help the durability of the trans alot by getting the shifts out of the full torque range also. I also know that a torque converter can do as much to hurt power as it will help. I have my truck tuned and have dont the same exact setup in a buds truck. He has a different converter than I do and the low end is night and day difference. I made an error in my converter selection.

It might be a bit adventagious to utilize some more of the rpm range. You dont need to go much higher, but getting the rpms up will help the durability of the trans alot by getting the shifts out of the full torque range also. I also know that a torque converter can do as much to hurt power as it will help. I have my truck tuned and have dont the same exact setup in a buds truck. He has a different converter than I do and the low end is night and day difference. I made an error in my converter selection.

What converter do you run?

1057. Flippin hate it. If I raced while towing it would tow nice. Even regular driving it is very sluggish until the converter spools and couples.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I should stop driving like I am 80 and get into the throttle a little more. Kind of makes sense seeing that most tuners utilize the higher RPM ranges for the power. Thanks again.

Damn Jeff, you gotta blow the cobwebs out of it at least once a day!:hihi:
OK, maybe 2 or 3...:D once you get the new tune...

Yup, I know Mike. You are not kidding. I am in this ride for longevity and utility, and it is my daily driver. It still runs just a good as when I got it and I want to keep it that way for a while. But I do need to blow out the cobwebs in this truck! ;)

Back