• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post HID's install questions.

trotorx2

Reaction score
I just installed a set of 4300K HID's last night and I have a couple of questions.

I really like the color of the light everything is much clearer now but the light doesn't seem to go out as far as with the oem bulbs I replaced. With the oem bulbs when I pulled up behind a car I could see everything thru the car now the light doesn't appear to reach above the trunk lid.

I didn't do anything to change the adjustment. What is the adjusment procedure for these trucks?

I believe they need to aimed down somewhat. I have the same set up as you. I have never adjusted mine. They must not be to bad because I have only had people flash me a few times in over a year. The trouble is because of the height of my truck the light shines right through the car in front of me. I just hang back more which can be a good this if I needed to stop short.

I also aimed mine down a bit to keep from blinding other drivers. Very rarely did I ever get flashed. In your case, pull up to a garage or wall somewhere and make your adjustments from there.

I install em all the time. Just change the position it sits in the light. The bulbs are somewhat directional.

Sorry, I didn't read that correctly. You will have to aim them down. If you install them wrong they would be to low already.

On each headlight housing, on the top, there's an "inverted torx" (male torx) head bolt that you adjust. Park 10-15 feet from an even, uniform wall at night and adjust them up or down, and make them level side to side.

I also have the 4300K HID's. Mine were like night and day as far as brightness and the outward projection of the lights compared to the OEM bulbs. I did not really change the aim that much. Just a slight adjustment.

I need to do this on my brothers Camaro.. I'm assuming they have the aim adjustment bolts also?

Yea, they can only go In One Way.

If the Return Wire on the Bulb is Facing Down, in the 6 O'Clock Position, they are Installed Correctly.

If you aren't getting Flashed now, and want to Aim them an Easy way, just Turn the Lamps Up, 1 Full Turn of the Adjuster at a Time until you start getting Flashed. When you get Flashed, Turn the Lamps Down 1/2 to 1 Turn, and you'll be good.

Depending on the Kelvin of the Bulb, the Wire will be a Different Color, but this is it:

Attachments

• hid-return-wire.jpg
    hid-return-wire.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 3
Sorry, just checkn. 50% of customer stop in with that problem. One up and one down. I don't know how they jam the light in there sometime. I don't like selling them. There is always a bad ballast.

Back