• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pop pressure test with dyno results

Wow, that’s really interesting. The little end of the rod and underside of the piston especially. Huh

Yes, the rod is different and the piston pin boss is different as well, the piston itself won't interchange with other blocks, the indent is where the oil squiter is, it's not just a hole in the block it's a machined piece and is fed from a different oil passage as well..

Ah, I wondered about the notch. I would sure like to get my hands on one someday, I just can’t spend that much right now. I would sure like to see some come up as government surplus.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Here are a few pics that will be a factor where the "edge" really is...
View attachment 52624
View attachment 52625
View attachment 52626 View attachment 52627

Tapered pin end?!!! I was thinking about having you do my heads might just send you my whole long block now lol

I hope that someday I’ll be finding that edge, but I’m not quite ready for it right now. Plus I sure hope it’s going to take more than an injector swap to get to the edge. Once I beef up my trans, I’m going to go for 400 rwhp.....and I hope that still isn’t the edge (and I believe it isn’t). I would sure like to get some extra Optimizer engines/parts in stock before I really go looking for the edge.

I think 400 hp is completely possible on a optimizer platform. I don't see why it can handle it with the right setup.

Definitely not going to get there on injectors alone. But if we can squeeze some extra hp out of it that would be a start.

Cool , where did you get that ?
Here’s some more detail: it came from Powell’s books via Amazon. Another member (Ratman) bought a copy from Powell’s before too. Their website shows out of stock right now, but maybe they can get more?

//www.powells.com/

You can also buy it new from the publisher in the UK for a reasonable price, but I didn’t want to deal with the currency conversion and unknown online transaction. I did email them though and they were very helpful and responsive.

https://estore.ricardo.com/shop/the-high-speed-internal-combustion-engine/

For some reason, besides the lucky score on Amazon for $70, or buying direct from the UK, the book is like $200+.

I did get a copy last year for like $50, but it was a really early edition and had very little diesel info. But it does look cool on the bookshelf so it wasn’t a complete waste.

Back