• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pmdcable.com out of town 01sept-30sept12

You were in my backyard! We love Bear Camp RD (your scary rd). It is true that people have died on that road in the winter time. The most famous is a family with the last name of "Kim" from the bay area. The husband hiked in circles while his family was found in their car safe. He was found less than 1/4 mile from the car and died from exposure. Crater Lake is beautiful, hopefully you had time for the rim drive. Hopefully you also got a chance to see the Rogue River gorge.

Your a lucky man to live there. My wife said her favorite part of the trip was the Or Pacific coast. Whats the deal with pepole putting cole slaw ontop of the fish there?
We did see the RR gorge.

Ok, ok, you're back...good. Glad you had a great time... Now get to answering your emails! I need an exhaust system! Been waiting a month already!:pokey:

Just replied to you a few minutes ago. Thanks for being patient.

Your a lucky man to live there. My wife said her favorite part of the trip was the Or Pacific coast. Whats the deal with pepole putting cole slaw ontop of the fish there?
We did see the RR gorge.
We love living here! We haven't been to the coast in a month or two but it is rough and beautiful. I never said that there are normal people in southern oregon! I will say that this mornings catch of bass isn't going to get slaw but they might end up as tacos.

We did see the RR gorge.

I enjoyed the short time I lived in Grants Pass. Beautiful area.

Since your wife liked the coast so well it's too bad you didn't have enough time to go up the coastline to the Sea Lion Caves and other features that are found between Florence and Lincoln City.

One of John Wayne's movies was shot on the Rogue River. My oldtimers is kicking up so I can't remember the name of the movie. The gorge isn't very big, but it sure is spectacular.

There is also a place between Prospect and Union Creek (on the way to Crater Lake from the Medford area) where the Rogue turns on it's side and goes under a lava flow and then pops back out from the opposite side of the flow a short distance downstream. The last time I was there was in the early 70's and as I remember it the location wasn't well marked, but you could drive right up to a gravel parking area and then walk a short ways to where this was at.

This is all bringing back some real good memories and making me wish I could afford to go spend some time down there again.

I love driving through Oregon, and as much as I've done there are still areas I've never been to.

Don

We did see a bunch of sea lions. In Klamath Ca we saw Whales too. I think this trip we saw every kind of wild life except for big cats and grizzlies.

One of John Wayne's movies was shot on the Rogue River. My oldtimers is kicking up so I can't remember the name of the movie. The gorge isn't very big, but it sure is spectacular.

There is also a place between Prospect and Union Creek (on the way to Crater Lake from the Medford area) where the Rogue turns on it's side and goes under a lava flow and then pops back out from the opposite side of the flow a short distance downstream. The last time I was there was in the early 70's and as I remember it the location wasn't well marked, but you could drive right up to a gravel parking area and then walk a short ways to where this was at.

This is all bringing back some real good memories and making me wish I could afford to go spend some time down there again.

I love driving through Oregon, and as much as I've done there are still areas I've never been to.

Don

Howdy Don!
Your old timers is forgetting "Rooster Cogburn" also filmed here was "A river runs through it". On a side note, John Wayne owned a ranch up off of Deer Creek in Selma, OR.
The spot that you are talking about near the Gorge is called "Natural Bridge" http://www.google.com/search?q=rogu...VO4HhiAK504DoDg&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=632.
It is absolutely beautiful! Yes it is paved, unfortunately. I prefer the more natural parking and further from the beaten path. I did a 50 mile hike from the Crater Lake rim viewpoint to the Prospect Ranger Station when I was in Boy Scouts. Obviously I was in a bit better shape at that point! If anybody comes my way, let me know, I promise you will get a proper view of what makes Southern Oregon awesome.

We did see a bunch of sea lions. In Klamath Ca we saw Whales too. I think this trip we saw every kind of wild life except for big cats and grizzlies.

We did a trip to Alaska for our honeymoon. We landed in Anchorage and drove straight to Denali National Park. We drove all over the place and never saw a moose or bear! We mentioned this to a local who told us to go the the end of "Northern Lights Drive". It turns out the end is on the other side of the runway where we landed 3 days before. Sure enough, 20+ moose. We should have asked about bear too.

Back