• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pmdcable.com out of town 01sept-30sept12

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, just to let everyone know I'll be out of town next month and shuting down the shop. The last day to get an order in will be the 28th of Aug. I return on the 1st of OCT12.

Yep, can't wait.
My brother will still be here for emergencies only. I'll still be available by phone/email.

I fully understand that. Better to enjoy what you get a chance to see and to not make it to the full route than to feel so rushed to make every stop that you don't really get to enjoy the full trip.

Don

I will definitely be looking forward to the pics!!!

My prayers for safety, have a safe and sane trip.

Don

If you make it, you will like Oregon. It is the weirdest coolest state I have been to in a while. handcannon was still a little far from me during my trip, but if you visit him, go up to portland than over east and make a loop around mt hood (take in timberline lodge and the Bonneville dam) it was the best trip I took in a while, and that involved my 6'4" frame sleeping in a regular cab! :)

Its looking like I "might" get to OR atleast accross the state line aways.
We just got done seeing Utah's parks. It has been the nicest drive so far. I'll post pictures in Oct. The best park IMO was Natural Bridges National Park. The Ranger was real nice. The night sky was so dark! I havint seen it like that in years. The ranger had his telescope out and we could see Saturn, could actualy see the rings of saturn!! He pointed it towards several stars and galaxies. There is even a galaxy we could see with the naked eye! it has over 200 million stars in it!
I could go on and on about it. It makes you feel real small.

I hope you CAN make it into Oregon and at least as far as Crater Lake. Crater Lake is a must see if at all possible. IF you think you'll have a bit more time to come farther north PM me and I can give you a phone number to contact me. My weekends are now filled up, but I have weekdays available the rest of the month to take off and meet in the Bend area if you end up with the time.

I am really looking forward to when you get time to post pics!!

Don

We live about 50 miles over the OR boarder on I-5. We would love to meet you (we met Don and his family on our last trip). If you get up this far shoot me a PM prior to next Monday. After that we won't be near the computer but we will be close to home.

OK!! IM back!!

We had a great time and actually made it to Crater lake. It was a scary drive at one point. In order to save an 1.5 hour drive back the way we had just come we took a narrow mountain rd. It ran from Gold beach Or to Grants pass area. I talked to some guys that said pepole have died up there, but it was winter time when the tried to use the road and they got stuck in the snow.
I still have to load about 2 thousand pictures, but I'll post a bunch in the next few days.

OK!! IM back!!

We had a great time and actually made it to Crater lake. It was a scary drive at one point. In order to save an 1.5 hour drive back the way we had just come we took a narrow mountain rd. It ran from Gold beach Or to Grants pass area. I talked to some guys that said pepole have died up there, but it was winter time when the tried to use the road and they got stuck in the snow.
I still have to load about 2 thousand pictures, but I'll post a bunch in the next few days.

Welcome back!!! I hope you made some long time memories.

What did you think of Crater Lake? Did you get a chance to spend the night there? I hope so, since it is impossible to really see everything there in just one day. You could actually spend a week there, hike all the trails to all the lookout points and down to the lake before you could say you actually got to see everything. This time of year you probably got some chilly night time/ early morning temps there. I've been there in early July and there were still some snow banks in the shady areas. It's been too long since I've been there. The twins were too young then for school and they are 25 now.

So you got an introduction to our logging roads. Good for you! I love running the logging roads. I lived in Grants Pass for a couple years back in 71 and 72 and loved it. But that county was one of the two poorest/ hardest to find jobs in the entire state at that time, and that was before the environmentalists and spotted owl . That town has really grown since then.

That incident of people dieing on that road was a whole series of very bad choices on their part. Wrong time of year, wrong type of vehicle, they were poorly equipped for winter travel, and then he went walking across country through the snow looking for help instead of staying on the road.

I'm looking forward to a travelogue and a ton of pics from you.

Don

We loved Crater lake and Or in general. Did not get to spend the night there, just looked around for a couple hours and had to get on the road. As far as color The lake was the prettyest blue lake I have seen.

Pics soon.

You were in my backyard! We love Bear Camp RD (your scary rd). It is true that people have died on that road in the winter time. The most famous is a family with the last name of "Kim" from the bay area. The husband hiked in circles while his family was found in their car safe. He was found less than 1/4 mile from the car and died from exposure. Crater Lake is beautiful, hopefully you had time for the rim drive. Hopefully you also got a chance to see the Rogue River gorge.

Ok, ok, you're back...good. Glad you had a great time... Now get to answering your emails! I need an exhaust system! Been waiting a month already!:pokey:

Back