• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PMD (Pump Mounted Driver) Issue Must Read

LOL, from his web site specifically about PMD failures:

***** IF THIS WEBSITE IS BUSY OR SLOW DUE TO HEAVY WEB TRAFFIC - PLEASE GO TO MIRROR SITE *****

Nope, runs just fine and dandy thank you very much!

Guess that means it's not that busy.....

):h

Ha, awesome. His "fix":

061710-10.JPG

Fantastic bud.

Take the PMD off the IP where it at least gets cooled by the fuel part of the time and put it directly behind every source of heat in the engine compartment (and the freaking center mounted turbo exhaust plumbing!) with no chance for cooling whatsoever.

I can't imaging why he only gets a couple months out of a FSD, no idea at all.....

No doubt, he'd say this:

061710-08.JPG

is how he fixed the location problem.

Nope, wrong again. Besides the fact that that is just plain ol' ugly, the heat soak after shutdown is still gonna fry 'em.
Tard.

Still, nice MILF he's got there...

(any time the mods would like me to stop, just say so :) )

Ha, awesome. His "fix":

061710-10.JPG

Fantastic bud.

Take the PMD off the IP where it at least gets cooled by the fuel part of the time and put it directly behind every source of heat in the engine compartment (and the freaking center mounted turbo exhaust plumbing!) with no chance for cooling whatsoever.

I can't imaging why he only gets a couple months out of a FSD, no idea at all.....

No doubt, he'd say this:

061710-08.JPG

is how he fixed the location problem.

Nope, wrong again. Besides the fact that that is just plain ol' ugly, the heat soak after shutdown is still gonna fry 'em.
Tard.

Still, nice MILF he's got there...

(any time the mods would like me to stop, just say so :) )

Maybe he's brain dead from banging his MILF all the time?):h

wtf is that big looped up coil of hose to the left of the alleged heat sink? Maybe a line to an aftermarket fuel pressure gauge? Nice job running it nice and neatly. I don't even see an engine in there, it just looks like a large pile of hoses and parts.

I made the same mistake, my first remote cooler was under the hood. My thinking at the time as to get it off the hot motor. For some reason I was uninformed that the PMD makes its own heat, I thought it was engine heat that killed them. So I only moved it away from the engine to the fenderwell, where it was a lot cooler but no significant airflow to remove heat. Now it's in the bumper nostril. So that's the lesson for the day: PMDs MAKE their own heat!

I really hate H1s, and it hurts me to say so because I have always been into big obnoxious capable 4wd American made trucks. One would expect me to be a fan. I guess they've worked out ok for the military using them out in the wide open spaces in the middle east, but if you wanted to go wheeling in my backyard it wouldn't work so well. Our trails are old "tote" roads and you'd never get that wide tank of a rig thru the woods, it's far wider than a fs pickup. And there's a civvy Hummer sitting in the corner of my cousins shop, they're rebuilding the motor because it dropped #7 cylinder I guess, this is after the guy dumper well over $2k into a bunch of repairs it needed (brakes alone were enough to bankrupt a normal person) and the fuel tank was falling out. The guy says he's in no hurry to get it back because he hates driving it, and has hated it since day 1. I guess it drives awful on the highway, I know the military ones havent got any topend, but I would have thought they'd give the civvies some gear so they could travel at highway speed.

... I know the military ones havent got any topend, but I would have thought they'd give the civvies some gear so they could travel at highway speed.

Nah.

Civilian owned hummers have nothing to do with actually using it as much as they do being seen in it......

Built to make money off overindulgent, image conscious, Tards with more money than brains.

Wait a minute...........how many does hummer boy own again?

Or bullshitted, bullshat? Someone with a better command of the language tell me...

Hey, we like Robyn just fine, Dan ... the fact that she is all alone around here doesn't bother me at all, especially when you consider that we might have Kayla/Laurence, or better yet, Jenn ...

Brrr... if we can't get her GOOD company, I vote for NO company...

After plastering his name EVERYWHERE under the sun, Larry has apparently taken to hiding.

Honestly, what did you expect to happen when you come out of nowhere spouting a bunch of BS trying to act like someone important?

Have a nice day. :)

Back