• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PMD Issues Need help Redmond, Oregon

jhornsby3

Reaction score
Is there anybody here that can help a gal out by installing her PMD remote cable? She has all the parts but needs to replace the harness from the back of the IP and isn't sure she can remove the intake and replace the wires. If anybody can help this gal out, it would be great. She is located in Redmond Oregon

John

I live to far away, but I added the harness extention without removing the intake. Its a PIA but doable.mI used a pickset to release the clip lock and needle nose to hold plug while adding extention. Somebody must live nearby though. Hope this helps though.

I live to far away, but I added the harness extention without removing the intake. Its a PIA but doable.mI used a pickset to release the clip lock and needle nose to hold plug while adding extention. Somebody must live nearby though. Hope this helps though.

X2. Pita but doable. Used a screw driver to release the clip on the plug and needs nose pliers to fish out and hold the plug. Good luck!

Sounds like the harness that comes off the IP is what she needs help with. The intake has to be removed to do that.

Yes the IP harness is what needs to be done. And if I was close I would be there to do it for her in a heart beat. She needs her burb so she can transport her kidos around. I thought if there was someone close that could help her out............

Yes the IP harness is what needs to be done. And if I was close I would be there to do it for her in a heart beat. She needs her burb so she can transport her kidos around. I thought if there was someone close that could help her out............

There are some closer members in OR, but I'm not volunteering them.

The job does not require removal of the intake. You simply pry up the locking tab on the plug and use pliers pull it off or screw driver to push it off. You should be able to talk her through it on the phone.

Forgot, once you pull the plug off the IP mounted PMD, the extension harness plugs into that.

Nope! That is the easy part. To replace the wires to the back of the IP you have to get the intake off to get to the connection.

Ok, lets start again. She has the black Stanadyne PMD on the IP. She ordered a new one with extention cable and all. The one she got is the gray Stanadyne PMD. So she needs to remove the harness that connects the back of the IP to the PMD and the other plug, that plugs in on the right side of the IP in the mess of wires. so she needs help removing the intake to get to the wire connection to the back of the IP in the center of the injector lines.

Make more since?

The new extension harness should plug into both styles of connector from IP harness. Do the guys she bought it from have no customer service? They could have told her this. (maybe she never asked).
Anyway to confirm, the new harness should plug onto both styles.

Like Leroy said, it's an extension harness. It plugs right into the plug that attaches to the existing PMD. You're over thinking this.

That's going to suck if the new extension harness doesn't have the Black PMD harness (male) connector on one end, Grey on the other...my new set up from Heath came with just such an item.
IMG_3164s.jpg

I thought Leroy sold just such an item too.

However, if the new kit came with the FUEL SOLENOID Harness for the Grey PMD (FSD) as well as an extension harness with Grey to Grey connectors then yes, she has an issue and it isn't just taking the upper and lower intake off. I'm thinking that getting at the two standard sized screws (not much bigger than you find in your average Timex watch) all with the fuel injection lines still attached will be making the job that much more educational.

Like we say at work about our bureaucracy, "It's not rocket science but its tough to be the new guy."

Hopefully, she has the black to grey harness....

I wish I were closer, I'd help, but I'm about 120 miles away. Might as well be 1000 due to lack of funds for fuel. I have Tuesday and Wednesday available, after that I'm busy donating my time at church for the next couple weeks or so.

Don

Just in case anyone is considering helping out, I "think" I found a picture of our damsel in distress:

attachment.php

Paul, I have not seen a cable since Ive been building anyway that would not plug onto an IP harness. There are only two types of connector and the extension harnesses will all plug onto both.
BigT, I like her truck.

I think I sent her the link to get everything from you Leroy. I will have her see if it will plug in.

She never asked then. I would have put her on the right track. Im sure once she/someone tries it will be all good at that point.
And thanks for sending any customer my way, I appreciate that.

You have treated me good so why not. I always send people to those that treat customers like humans and not just a sale. I will let you know after I can get in touch with her.

Oh and that is not a picture of her. She's a looker but that wasn't her.

Back