• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PMD issues? 1996 K1500 Suburban I have a 1996 K1500 Suburban. I've had 3 bad Gray St

Today the SES light did NOT work. We grounded the brown and white wire at the ECM and the light did not come on.

Going to start from scratch.

Had a no start, no crank. The batteries load tested weak, but read 12.5 volts. We jumped the 1996 Suburban and I drove home.

Took the battery cables loose, load tested them again and they tested good. I will test them again in the morning. Sometimes when a battery is freshly charged, they will load test good for a period of time and then will load test bad after that.
Regardless it looks like I have some cable work to do.

That heater is about 10x more than you need.

That was $1600 iirc. It can run all day on 5 gal. In the winter we started just moving one of the 100gal pickup bed tanks in the barn so I don't remember what it burns. 3yrs ago we carried 5gal cans to it and it was an every other day job.

They make smaller, like I said this heats a 120x80 insulated shop w/ HIGH ceilings, the doors are 18ft.

The best part about it is we can stand in front of it and carry a conversation. It comes w/ provisions for a tstat, just grab any in home tstat from the lumber store.

Source Unknown

That was $1600 iirc. It can run all day on 5 gal. In the winter we started just moving one of the 100gal pickup bed tanks in the barn so I don't remember what it burns. 3yrs ago we carried 5gal cans to it and it was an every other day job.

They make smaller, like I said this heats a 120x80 insulated shop w/ HIGH ceilings, the doors are 18ft.

The best part about it is we can stand in front of it and carry a conversation. It comes w/ provisions for a tstat, just grab any in home tstat from the lumber store.

Source Unknown

Looks like something I may need to look into. It's supposed to be cold here for a while. And I need to get stuff done.

I was referring to the $48k one you linked, yours looks like a nice heater.

Source Unknown

Our barn has 2 more yrs of payments then we get to hook up the heated/cooled floors. That will be awesome. Maybe try and see if geothermal will work, water in our area is crap.

I didn't look at the links but a heater for 50k is out of the question for most NORMAL shops.

Source Unknown

Our barn has 2 more yrs of payments then we get to hook up the heated/cooled floors. That will be awesome. Maybe try and see if geothermal will work, water in our area is crap.

I didn't look at the links but a heater for 50k is out of the question for most NORMAL shops.

Source Unknown

The big heater was a joke. Did you notice the BTU's?

I'm hard pressed to spend much on a heater. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to spend something on Kerosene or propane. The propane salamander and Mushroom heater I have go through a bunch of fuel. A 100 lb bottle won't last 2 days on either of them

I re-did the grounds and installed a new PMD. It ran fro 3 hours plus without dying.

Don't know if it was the grounds or PMD - I'm betting grounds. I don't get the whole 2 hour and dying thing I was having. Unless it was just a coincidence. 3 different PMD's - PMD's usually do not all have the same types of issues.

If it was the ground, I would have expected other issues as well - ruff running and stuff. Just seems odd to me.

Of course, maybe I did not fix anything and it will start dying again.

Don't know ifin you have dumped the Opt sensor noise filter or not but in future you may want to ....as it does fool with fuel delivery problems.....cuts circuits to PCM and PMD when hot

I usually do and was about to pull the upper intake when the plug going to the baro pressure sensor fell to pieces. So I decided to wait til I had anew harness and do it all at once.

Thanks for the reminder though. As much as I forget stuff, it doesn't hurt to be told again and again and again etc.

Back