• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Please teach me on intercoolers

Nice scoop! That looks to be about 7cm tall, can really grab the airstream running over the hood. Very well done on the body work, looks stock if you didnt know better.

Hi Buddy

Thanks for nice comments. Well the technical shief at Subaru Norway called me "a Norwegian Chip foose" :)
I have always wanted to measure the airflow into the scoop, but have not got my hands on a properly tool for that.
Right now i am about to replace the turbo, its getting sloppy. i have to much sideplay in it, it touches the sidewalls when i gently move it to the side.
I have desided on a ATT turbo with KOJO tune, will put i a order soon.
BTW, Burning Oil said you might have some experience with the KOJO tune, maybe you can chare som ides for me.
I dont want to go with max tune, i cant have any exessive smoke because of the vehicle check (EU test) we have, but i want a safe tune with reasonable power.
I tow my caravan in the summers so i dont want to "kill" the engine.
I have talked to the vendor a bit abot this also, just want as much info as possible before i get into it.

Thanks

Børge

Skylark, why did you get rid of the Super Duty? Needed a crew cab?
I had identity theft in 05 and I had to let it go in 07. I was forced to live in my weekend warrior until 08 when I sold that as well. I did what I needed to do to be able to get my financial life under control. I got married in 08 to the hot little redhead that I'm holding on to in my avatar. We now have a son, a dog and house. We bought the truck as a tow pig for our side business of buying and selling cars and trucks.

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. Glad things have turned around for you. It is crazy how easy they are making it for thieves.

Hi

I just want to share my ATA setup, i had access to a dented hood to work with, and a damaged hood from a Subaru Forester diesel. I cut out the piece i needed for the scoop, straighten out the test hood, and started fitting the thingies :)
I used a ATA cooler from a voyager diesel, i know it could have been a better one, but it was a perfect for for a top mount.
I made brackets for the cooler, installed a pull fan under it. the fan is temp controlled. It adjust the temp it starts on. I have set it for 30 degrees celcius on the output of the cooler.
I pull a caravan of 2200 kg, and last summer i was logging the temp with GMTD scantech.
On a sunny day wit about 25 degrees, driving in 90km\h in OD, i got the lowest reading of intake temp of 24 degrees. in WOT on flat road i could get about50-65 degrees IAT.

Børge

That's some quality workmanship.

Details like the color matched CAC brackets are a nice touch and great attention to detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow..nice set up Suburbank2500! I may need to look into doing something similar using a marine intake and some sort of universal IC core with a cowl hood on my truck. Though the way you did things is also quite adaptable to that Air to Liquid intercooler set up that was mentioned in here earlier.

Wow..nice set up Suburbank2500! I may need to look into doing something similar using a marine intake and some sort of universal IC core with a cowl hood on my truck. Though the way you did things is also quite adaptable to that Air to Liquid intercooler set up that was mentioned in here earlier.

Hi Darkrider.

I have a lot more photos if you are interested, that shows from the start how i did the most of the stuff..

Børge

I'm excited to see the whole process; Not only were you able to keep your air conditioning, you made it look clean and function suprisingly better than I would have expected.

Well done sir. Very well done.

Back