• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pics of the new ATT on project 350hp

6.5quest

Reaction score
Just thought some of you might want to see the new A-Team Turbo installed on our project 350hp 6.5

For a complete rundown on what has been going on and more pics check out the performance section of the site.

Attachments

• ATT in truck 1.jpg
    ATT in truck 1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 18
  • ATT in truck 3.jpg
    ATT in truck 3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 14
Looks good, but I have a couple of questions.
1. Why did you orient the intake in that direction? Would it be less restrictive to have the intake "pointing" forward with only 1 90 degree bend instead of the 2 that you have now?

2. How much does the insulation wrap help with turbo efficiency and under hood temps?

Todd

Looks good, but I have a couple of questions.
1. Why did you orient the intake in that direction? Would it be less restrictive to have the intake "pointing" forward with only 1 90 degree bend instead of the 2 that you have now?

2. How much does the insulation wrap help with turbo efficiency and under hood temps?

Todd

Hey Todd,

The owner of the truck wanted that marine intake manifold do to its larger ID, plus he had it extrude honed for better air flow. When we where talking the other day we both thought as you did and would have liked to have it facing forward but it was not designed to do that so we are stuck with what we got for now. I do want to put a one piece silicon coupler to make that first 90 instead of the piece you see now.

The insulation wrap helps in a few areas. First it does help keep under hood temps down for better intake air temps. Second it allows for faster turbo respool, what I mean by that is when the truck is towing or working and you have to let off the throttle and then get back on it, it takes less time to regain your lost boost pressure.

Hope this answers your questions. I don't claim to know all so if anyone else has any other input please join in.

Ian

Always wanted to extrude hone my stock intake as well. In your opinion, did that help much?

I made my own intake out of a couple of silicon 90s that I purchased from siliconintakes dot com.

I understand about the under the hood temps with the insulation wrap, but please explain how/why the respool is improved?

Todd

Back