• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

pics of painted mirrors/handels, bumber pads

MattZ71

Tennessee Diesel's Mod
Reaction score
you guys post up some pics of your painted mirrors door handels bumber pads, maybe some french cut tail lights and more pictures of 08' badges...thanks guys!!!!-Matt

Heres my truck!

HPIM0871.jpg

HPIM0867.jpg

The Bow tie started peeling so I had to do that.
HPIM1175.jpg

Heres a truck my buddy just bought
HPIM1184.jpg

HPIM1183.jpg

not to hijack matt but also some pics of painted bumpers. i want to paint mine and would like to see how it looks. i want an iron bull but just to $$$ for me right now. plus i have a plow. thanks guys.

not to hijack matt but also some pics of painted bumpers. i want to paint mine and would like to see how it looks. i want an iron bull but just to $$$ for me right now. plus i have a plow. thanks guys.

id like to see come pictures of painted bumpers also

Hey Matt, since your sig says you're searching, why don't you just buy my truck?? It's already done!! ;)

Anyway, here's mine with fact. GM Escalade handles and 08 badges. I was planning on painting the black lower grille divider, but haven't yet:

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a few pictures of some paint work I have done on my 08. I painted the bowties black. I smoothed the hood vents and painted them black. I also changed the door handles to chrome w/ black.

Attachments

• PICT0052.JPG
    PICT0052.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PICT0045.jpg
    PICT0045.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 16
  • PICT0050.JPG
    PICT0050.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 14
  • PICT0039.jpg
    PICT0039.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 11
Hey TOW MASTER,
How much did you pay to have your mirrors done and is the paint holding up? Thanks

My dad owns a auto shop that also does body work so I just had the body guy help me do it and had to pay $50.00 for paint. They have been painted for about 15,000 miles and are holding up fine. The rear bumper is flaking a little from stepping on it and the front bumper has I think 3 small chips in it from rocks :thumbsup:

Last edited:
How much prep did you have to do on the mirrors? Did you sand on the plastic surface at all, or did you just spray with adhesion promoter and go?

Hmm I actually scuffed down with a 3M scuff pad then sprayed the adhesion promoter and sprayed base then clear! It looks pretty good but it doesnt look shiny because of the textured plastic surface. I might be redoing them scuff back down and spray with primer then wet sand and re spray untill smooth. I think it will look alot better IMO.

Back