• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pics of home made cold air boxes?

Steve93mustanglx

Diesel fanatic!
Reaction score
Hey folks, any of you have pics of cold air intakes/boxes or point me in said direction? Have a piece of sheet metal that I am itching to cut up. After I find and fix my post-FTB upgrade fuel leak :mad2:, it's next on the list.

Thanks!

it doese take away from the whistle. no noticeable gains filter stays cleaner longer than just leaving the filter hanging off the turbo.

I have round now- just been itching to get a cold air system hooked up. But if it aint helping MPGs, there is no point.

You do know the factory system is a "cold air" setup, right?

You might be able to make it a little better with some additional ducting inside the fender structure. Gains would be minimal to non existent though...mpg probably none at all.

I need to explain further. I have a round K&N on a 3 inch 90degree PVC elbow but it is not inside the 97-up airbox. It sits above the fender liner without a box around it. Was going to build one out of sheet metal if it was worthwhile...

I need to explain further. I have a round K&N on a 3 inch 90degree PVC elbow but it is not inside the 97-up airbox. It sits above the fender liner without a box around it. Was going to build one out of sheet metal if it was worthwhile...

Either box that in or get a factory box. That will help reduce IAT.

I still need to do one or the other, so do as I say, not as I do:D

Back