• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pic's and questions, oh my!

Pruittx2

Been around a bit
Reaction score
Ok So today, I'm out in the pole barn putting in the OPS,, and I got lucky to have it slide out, with a bit of gentle wiggling, and praying,

100_1759[1].jpg

Now here is a close up of the pulley,,, which I think looks fine,,, your thoughts?

pulley.jpg

And heres the HB seems that there is a SMALL bead of rubber here,, and it too seems fine. Thoughts and comments are welcomed.

H Balancer.jpg

I'm now gonna go back out and button up this part, and move on to the hydro booster replacement job. Back in a few hours or dinner which ever comes first.

It's a great day to be in the pole barn working on the truck, the wife and kids are gone till mid day Sunday. Amazing how quiet it can be around here! :thumbsup:

Looks good from here!

When the truck is idling, look at the HB and it should not wiggle any at all. The 'elastomer' as it's called (rubber) looks good on both pulley and HB.

Ok So today, I'm out in the pole barn putting in the OPS,, and I got lucky to have it slide out, with a bit of gentle wiggling, and praying, View attachment 35216

Now here is a close up of the pulley,,, which I think looks fine,,, your thoughts?

View attachment 35217

And heres the HB seems that there is a SMALL bead of rubber here,, and it too seems fine. Thoughts and comments are welcomed.

View attachment 35218

I'm now gonna go back out and button up this part, and move on to the hydro booster replacement job. Back in a few hours or dinner which ever comes first.

It's a great day to be in the pole barn working on the truck, the wife and kids are gone till mid day Sunday. Amazing how quiet it can be around here! :thumbsup:

I told you so,..didn't i.LOL

I'd much rather you be right Bison,, then to have had you been wrong

I've got it all buttoned up, and started to do the Hyrdroboost unit swap,,

Got under the dash, and took off 2 nuts,, but I'm gonna have to remove the lower dash trim, and drop the steering column loose and drop it down, as I can't get my big fat lunch pail hands, up in there, to get the brake switch clip off. Now mind you, there is a few extra wire looms up there, for the remote start, trailer brake assem, stereo amp, Posi Loc, 4x4 Manual control cable and handle assem.

Time for dinner, and relaxing,, will start that abortion of a job, in the morning. Keep posted,, you just might find a string of curse words longer than this post!

God bless you man!

I went to Chevy to get the clip that holds the brake pedal in. The parts guy laughs and says "oh yeah, the bastard clip." Apparently the mechanics love the engineering on that piece of.......... metal as much as we do.

Here is to finding the perfect position the first time and a job done well and quickly.

Mike

Well Sunday is my praying day,,:newangel: and I'm sure that will come in handy for that clip. Although I did replace the switch on my 94 with not to much issues. Over 20 years of doing body work, I've come across similar clips, that the body guys, commonly refer to as Jesus clips. :notworthy: I'll try to post up how it goes, and if my typing seems of after the job, it's because I might of lost a finger or 2 in the process. lol :rof:

Ok,, Got it all done today,,, nothing but laying on my back under the dash,, fighting for position to get in there to work. Here is a few pic's to help along the way. It was nice to take my time, and go thru a few things, during this repair, I blew out the rad with air,, Found that my battery tray was pretty rusty from the acid, must of been from the previous battery as it has New Diehards in it,, So I was able to clean, and repaint that. Bolt mod the Lt +battery cable, and drill a spot for the plow wiring harness to go thru the firewall, and get that in. I pulled a plug and enlarged the hole, that I believe the gasser throttle cable would of gone thru. Still need to mount the rest of the under hood stuff, but I'll save that for another day.

This is what you see, after all lower dash trim, and steering column is lowered out of the way. I slipped the 11mm bolt out of the U-joint that holds the end of the column to be able to back it out some. Giving clearance for the fat handed among us.

1.jpg

The previously mentioned Jesus clip. When installing you have to push clip on the peg in the round spot, then slide it to it's locked position.

10.jpg

Best tool for removal,,, lift and slide to get off. This clip can be used again, with proper technique, which I have! :cool:
clip tool.jpg

and said clip installed,,, you can see that you have to hook, lift and slide to get it off.

22.jpg

Well a test drive seems to have shown that the code 19 for the CPS is gone, and I have the same brakes as before,, and so far I see no leaks. Hope this helps someone. :thumbsup:

Well any time you can solve a mystery of the mind, when it comes to a PIA job,, then it's very helpful. Most of the post here on this repair, are good info,, but I thought that these pic's will ease some minds as to what they will find, when they get in there to do it for themselves, and how to handle that bastard of a clip. I know a few members have said, that they just keep adding power steering fluid, to postpone this feared job.

Just my way of saying thanks and paying it forward to the other members on the best 6.5 forum on the net!

Great write up and pics!! The pics of the clip and how-to for how you handled it are great.

In the very last pic showing the clip re-installed you can also see the brake light switch. This could also be used as a tutorial for R&Ring that switch.

Don

Back