• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Picked up 6.5 141 Block

Reaction score
Last weekend I picked up and bought a 6.5 N/A engine out of a 96 van for $300. Has about 235k miles and needs an injection pump, but was told it ran before the pump and even had head gaskets put in 40k miles ago. So heads are definitely not cracked. I was really surprised to get it home and then the next day find out it has a DB2-831 pump on it, but it's a 5088 not a 4911. Just happy hey at least it has the larger .31" plungers. It's a 141 casting and mainly was interested in buying it knowing it's still a non-squirter block and hoping to build it as a higher powered pulling truck engine. Of course problem now is I don't have a truck lol. Still in search but do think I'm getting close to buying a military Chevy that I still have to go look at and make the decision. :hihi:

Thanks. And I'd be pulling @ The Buck in Quarryville, PA and also would try Mason Dixon over in Delta, PA. Never been to Mason Dixon, but they have a well known fair every year and do have classes like The Buck does. As far as the class goes I'd be starting in the "Street Legal" class because I'd like to pull with a CUCV in stock form aka- stock 6.2, stock trans, and axles just to get a "1st pull" type feel and you know get a baseline. Then add a turbo, other mods to get me ready for the next pull/next class a month later and just work my way up. I've been a spectator at The Buck for about 5 years now and have always wanted to try pulling because just watching it alone gets you addicted (lol). How do you like the Super 40 turbo on your 96 Dodge? What size exhaust housing are you running on it?

Lol!! I'll be watching and cheering you on! I go to the Buck some times to . And..... if you pull once you will forever be hooked.:D
As far as the 40 turbo, i love it! It has a 14 cm housing on ,spools like a 35 though. I am limiting it to a max of 45 lb a boost. The gate is set to open at 30lb but i've got too much air and fuel for it and it blows on through and peaks at 45lb. Too small for wat i'm doing but it works for now.:thumbsup:

Back