• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pet goat from El Paso, TX to Hampton, Iowa

Bernie

Amateur Radio Operator - KJ4VOV
Reaction score
It's a long story but I have an old Navy buddy and fellow ham radio operator who lives in Iowa and has a friend in Texas. The friend in Texas has a farm with a lot of goats and when the buddy in Iowa visited the farm he got very attached to one of the goats as a pet. Well, the friend down in Texas is going to be moving soon, and is selling off all the livestock. She's agreed to give the goat to the buddy in Iowa but we just need to get it there. We're willing to pay reasonable costs for this.

don't know the size of the goat...but you should contact the airlines...we had a Labrador puppy flown in from Kentucky on Delta for around $75...but that was 14 years ago...and the owner would have to bring them to the terminal in a pet crate ...don't know what the cost would be now...

really?

with all the expensive pygmie breeds and all considered to be pets now a days you'd figure they would be...

found this on another forum...

Here is a link that may be helpful:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/sregs/

We've used Delta Pet & have had no problems. Crates should be airline approved. The cheapest price I was quoted was $171.00 for 70#'s max, going up according to crate size & weight. If your shipping/receiving multiples be sure to call the airlines. Although I've been told several times by the sellers you can ship 2 kids in one crate-the airline will not accept them in one crate-you have to have two. I was told it was a fairly new reg. as of about 1 1/2-2 years ago & they wouldn't do it (puppies from same litter are different, I believe-never shipped pups).
Hope this helps

HF
added: oh, forgot to mention. Depending on the state your shipping from, bluetounge testing may be required. It was not listed on the online regs the last time I received animals. My state requires it if from a couple of the lower states.

https://www.aacargo.com/utility/products_pps.jhtml

Priority Parcel Service
is the preferred method for shipping animals:
  • Within the continental United States, Puerto Rico and Honolulu, Hawaii
  • Maximum weight: 100 lbs. (combined weight, animal & container)
  • Maximum container dimensions : 36L”x26W”x28H”

Non-domesticated/wild, exotic, and zoo animals are accepted for transport exclusively at cargo terminals. American Airlines Cargo will continue to ship household pets such as dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, pot-belly pigs, rabbits, rodents and cold-blooded animals from passenger ticket counters, baggage service offices, and dedicated Global Priority Shipping Centers.

A group of us on another forum are all friends of both people, so we're taking up a collection to cover the cost. So far I have pledges for about $200 with more that haven't pledged a specific amount.

Back