• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Performance down pipe and cross over

Do i need a gasket for the down pipe where it connects to the rest of the exhaust and do i need gaskets for the cross over let me know what i need thanks

There is a gasket for the bottom flange of the down pipe, I have used exh. gasket cement with good results.

The cross over uses donut type gaskets.

I was thinking i could cut it in the middle and it would almost be like with heath diesel makes and at work we have a really nice pipe bender along with the thing that spreads open the pipe so i think i will do that

I bought a warpspeed 2.25 cross over a few years back. Its kinda troublesome to put on and remove. It his the bellhousing to the transmission on mine. But some BFH-ing took care of that. Now its almost rotted through so i think im gonna go heath for ease of use.

I got my crossover from SS diesel supply and opted for the stainless steel version rather than allumanized(sp?). Its only another $20 more, and from Walt's Website you can also order new gaskets and studs. A bit more expensive obviously than just buying an eBay crossover, but nothing sucks more than putting the new crossover on, finding it doesn't fit(like you did), modifying it too fit in whatever way, than running the possibility of having an exhaust leak because of reused gaskets.

Here is a shot of mine once I got it installed. I also picked up a SS-band clamp from pepboys before hand as I'm not a huge fan of the "crush" u-bolt exhaust clamp sent with it. Makes the whole assembly look better, and will make disassemble and reassemble a whole lot easier if ever needed.

IMG_20120421_093628.jpg

You have a auto tranny i have a manual here is the pic of mine that i did today, i still have to do the down pipe but ran out of time at workPipe.jpg

:thumbsup: nice fix on your part. No leaks hopefully? And thats interesting that the manual trans hits the crossover... I don't think I've heard anybody else mention having that issue... other than 3500GMc obviously lol

I don't think I've heard anybody else mention having that issue... other than 3500GMc obviously lol

IIRC the pipe hit the trans on the pass side, the vertical section of the pipe.. Wasn't a big deal.

My pass side ex manifold has a custom spacer because I run the 6.2 heads with the long injectors that are set at a wider angle.. Makes fitment even mo' funner..

I bought a 2.5" from Ashland and had waaaay to much trouble gettin it to fit, (At the Muffler Shop) damn thing was just too BIG......Had to cut and weld.

Looks like crap but it doesn't leak and it's on.

Back