• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Performance Cam"

IIRC his cam is supposed to offset the design of the factory exhaust manifold and balance things up better. The specs used to be on the diesel place but I checked awhile ago and couldn't find them

Those are some interesting specs for the cams but you might want to look at them a little closer . First there are no tappet lift numbers . Were the cams checked @ .050 " , .004 " or ? This throws the duration numbers way off . Second the minus BTDC doesn't seem correct .

Crane regrind 1112

.004 tappet lift :

Intake opens 20* BTDC closes 54* ABDC 254* duration

Exhaust opens 62* BBDC closes 16* ATDC 258* duration

.050 tappet lift :

Intake opens 6* ATDC closes 24* ABDC 198* duration max lift 105* ATDC

Exhaust opens 36* BBDC closes 14* BTDC 202* duration max lift 115* BTDC

Lobe lift :

Intake .2934

Exhaust .3000

No, the shop that did it is in TX, plus I have a motor project taking all my time so I can get it shipped.. I'll get to it sooner or later hopefully..

All good. Was just curious. Meanwhile, 67 counties here have been declared a National Disaster because on the same day that the western panhandle area was getting a blizzard with 12-19" of snow and 45-65mph winds making drifts as high as 18', ahead of that front the temperature went up to 60, the 2-3' of snow pack melted along with 2-3" of rain and winds up to 70mph, the ground was still frozen solid and the ensuing massive flooding took out a dam on the Niobrara River that wiped out an entire town on one river and destroyed 18 highway bridges, another river, the Elkhorn, cut off 9 towns, destroyed over 35 miles of Federal highway, another river, the Platte, cut off 7 towns, destroyed 45 miles of Federal highway and nearly took out the Interstate 80 bridge and the Missouri River crested at 47.5', wiped out several levees, has destroyed over 60 miles of Interstate 29 between Omaha and St.Joseph, MO and forced the emergency shutdown of the Nuclear Powerplant at Brownsville, NE, which is now sitting behind a 50' tall sandbag wall surrounding it to keep the river out. Nothing much going on here otherwise.

It's now up to 77 out of 93 counties and 85 cities/towns/villages declared disasters, 80% of the area of the State. The loss estimate to public infrastructure (Fed, State, County, Municipal) roads, bridges, buildings, etc. is currently $1.3B. Estimate to private property, just structures, is $600M. Agricultural losses (livestock, crops) are expected to exceed $4B. The area declared a disaster in just Nebraska alone is larger than North and South Carolina combined. The before and during satellite photos of the flood area are mind boggling.

Last edited:
Over 2000 miles of roads destroyed, at least 2400 homes/businesses destroyed or uninhabitable.

Last edited:
Back