• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Peninsular take offs.......SCORE

guybb3

Reaction score
I just got a fuel filter manager (with filter, heater, and water sensor), harmonic balancer pulley, that cool upper intake, and an HO water pump (with timing cover attached), for $301.07 delivered to my door. All brand new take off stuff from their Marine engines. I feel like I got an early Christmas present

A new bosch water pump is cheaper at rock auto along with the pulley. They will not dicker on price one cent even if you want a quanity of 6 or more. These parts have been installed. That means they are used or the same as. I guess they think they are worth 70% or what gm wants for them. There is also NO warrenty with their parts. I guess if you are happy with the deal ,that is what counts. I walked away.

I find it all depends on condition--have got steals from junkyards on almost new parts put on a vehicle that then was wrecked. anyone remember 20 years ago when junkyards were part stores??? there were no autozones, oreilly's, etc. I prefer the ol small town part store here-I know them by first name and they know me. wait, that doesn't sound good.

On crate motors, so that means they're used?
Parts stores won't take a part back if it has been installed because it is "used" unless it is defective. The parts penninsular is selling are technically used and sold as is with no warrenty.Cheaper than the stealer would rape you for them but more expensive than you can get them for somewhere else. As long as you are satisfied that is what counts.
I offered to buy 6 or more pulleys and 6 or more water pumps and they would not give me so mush as a penny break in price or shipping. Most places would at least try to keep the sale by giving a discount for volume or break on shipping.

I offered to buy 6 or more pulleys and 6 or more water pumps and they would not give me so mush as a penny break in price or shipping. Most places would at least try to keep the sale by giving a discount for volume or break on shipping.

Damn. I was wodering why you wanted so many, until I read your sig.. WOW.

Back