• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pedal Questions

Drewkeen

Recruit
Reaction score
I am doing a cummins+NV4500 swap in my Suburban. I need a new set of pedals so I will have a cable throttle and a clutch pedal. I know that the 93 and older diesels had mechanical pedals and could have came with a NV4500, but there aren't a lot around. Will the pedals from a gasser work? Do they have hydroboost brakes or vacuum brakes? If they are vacuum, how do I need to modify the pedals to make them work on my hydroboost equipped suburban?

The accelerator pedal assembly alone was over $400 there. They do have good prices on some things, but I can't afford $400 just for an accelerator!

Looks like I need to hunt down a set of pedals. Also, it appears that the accelerator pedal is separate from the brake pedal. Is this correct? If so, is the clutch pedal also separate?

While I am at it...I can't find a driveshaft for the NV4500. I know I have the same 131.5" wheelbase as a reg. cab long bed so we should have the same driveshaft. All the driveshafts I can find for the NV4500 are 2 piece designs. It has a fixed yolk (yoke?) instead of a slip one like my auto. Do I have to change over to a 2 piece driveshaft? Is it bad to just have the front cut off my one piece, replaced with the proper one and rebalanced by a driveshaft shop or do I really need a 2 piece driveshaft?

Looks like I need to hunt down a set of pedals. Also, it appears that the accelerator pedal is separate from the brake pedal. Is this correct? If so, is the clutch pedal also separate?

Correct

So all 3 are independent assemblies?

Makes it easier, just keep my brake pedal and swap in the accelerator and clutch pedals.

I don't think you need the $400 assembly. I could be wrong, but unless you are putting in a CRI Cummins, you will probably have a mechanical IP and thus would need the cable type pedal.

If you cut it off and replace it you should be ok as long as you have it re balanced I would think...

Back