• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Patriot trailer THOUGHTS?

Some time ago, there was a long thread, on another forum, started by a guy that was unloading his Kubota tractor off a landscape trailer that was on a downhill slope. Trailer pushed the truck downhill where it jackknifed, causing big damage. The guy thought something was wrong with his transmission, went round and round with his dealer, then posted the thread. Anyone with towing experience or good sense, told him what happened. One "brilliant engineer" calculated that it was impossible for the trailer to lift the truck enough to cause the truck to slide downhill. Yea, rrrright! :skep:
Hope that engineer hasn't joined this forum.:crazy::crazy:

Great to see you here Dale. I would of bought a trailer off of you but you're not headed this way anytime soon.
And I remember that thread about the guy unloading the tractor. That was just failure to use common sense on that one.

I remember that disaster every time I drive the loader tractor up the ramps and see the ramp drops hit the ground. That was a mighty expensive brain fart.

Years ago I rode one unloading the Kubota. I was lucky enough to get off the ramps before we went to far. All because of being in a hurry, so after cleanin mah drawers out made a mental note not to do that again.:wink5:

PJ makes a quality trailer. Something else to keep in mind when you are buying a trailer, check and see if it has a National Association of Trailer Manufactures (NATM) these guys hold their members feet to the fire. And if a trailer has this sticker it is supposed to meet all of the DOT guidelines as well. Just my two cents.

Back