• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Painted front end durability?

GMCYA

Resident Coonass
Reaction score
I want to paint the factory grille trim ( Grey parts, leaving the grille black), front bumper ( can the chrome be painted?), GMC emblem, and lower plastic on the bumper on my 06 white to match the truck. How durable is the paint to holding up to bugs, chips etc. I do not want to spend the money and time if it will only look good for 2 years or less. I am tired of looking at the same old grey or chrome front ends everyone has. I want to be diff. Anybody have a painted front end? If so post some pics. I plan to do the metal part of the rear bumper white also and leave the plastic black if I do the front.

did mine about 2 years ago and still looks good just make sure you hit it atleast twice, I think what I used was the Krylon shaker paint made for plastics, just sanded it first and painted did not even clear it.

Back