• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Paint Code?

Big T

Reaction score
Looking to order paint for the ‘94 Suburban and need the paint code. Here’s some pics of the Suburban showing the color:

IMG_4721.pngIMG_4719.jpeg

Suburban is not with me in Montana, but her is a pic of the RPO codes from a similarly painted 1995 GMC truck:

IMG_2293.jpeg

Which one is the paint code?

I think it is the U 228A, which would be called a Light Autumnwood Metallic? Am I correct in the assumption that your vehicle is not really a gray or silver?

Use the code locator link below.

Yuup! that's the same paint color as my 95. LT Autumnwood Metallic. in my searching, this color is not sold in the stores in rattle can touch-ups. you have to get from a specialty shop that does auto paint. i was going to buy enough of this paing in rattle cans to do the hood when I found this out.

It all depends on the condition of existing paint, painters techniques, low pressure or high pressure, silver based paints have low coverage compared to solid paints such as red or yellow or black.
Good prep and mostly matching existing color, you can paint with 2qts
it also depends if you are doin the roof or just the body.

if body panels have been repaired and primed, you can save on paint by using similar color primer.

I used 2 qts of paint to finish the hummer.

IMG_7621.jpegIMG_6673.jpegIMG_6024.jpeg

It all depends on the condition of existing paint, painters techniques, low pressure or high pressure, silver based paints have low coverage compared to solid paints such as red or yellow or black.
Good prep and mostly matching existing color, you can paint with 2qts
it also depends if you are doin the roof or just the body.

if body panels have been repaired and primed, you can save on paint by using similar color primer.

I used 2 qts of paint to finish the hummer.

View attachment 86821View attachment 86822View attachment 86823
Turbine HVLP system. Same color. Whole body eventually.

Also need to paint a hood and front bumper shell on the 2014 4Runner. I assume that I will need a quart for that.

I will give you a little dirty experienced painters trick secret
that I did on this van.

this van was in bad shape, it needed full paint job,
but it’s a work van, the paint code on this van is very expensive, 190 dollar a qt, it needed over 1.5 gallons to finish the job after primer.

so I went to Home Depot and bought few spray cans that was as close to its original color,
I used that spray can to cover all the primer repair locations, then i sprayed the original color over it,
It took only 2 passes to cover everything,
I used 2qts of automotive paint instead of 1.5 gallon,
I spent 40 dollars on spray paint from Home Depot IMG_6809.jpegIMG_6812.jpeg

Back