• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 In The '95 K2500

The Best way to fill a NEW a/c system is to fill each individual component with its specified oil amount as you put the system together. That way you don't overload the compressor with too much oil at one time by filling it all though the service port.

Here are your PAG oil amounts per component according to Prodemand.
*Accumulator 3.5oz
*Evaporator 3oz
*Condenser 1oz
*Compressor 2oz

NEW compressors come prefilled with oil. If you just replace the compressor on a system then you drain the old and new compressor and add the same amount that came out of the old one into the NEW compressor. That way you keep the oil capacity in spec. If you putting a NEW compressor into a NEW system drain out the oil and put in the specified 2oz back into the compressor

I'm spoiled at work with multiple A/C machines to use. But a simple vacuum pump, and a manifold gauge set you can do it yourself.

The H&R made it back from the machine shop for Peter's pump. A new undersized sleeve was pressed into the head. Then the rotor diameter is adjusted to fit. This fixes any surface or clearance issues without the use of hard chrome. Then it gets new plungers and the rotor is pressure tested to make sure the delivery valve and plunger don't have to much bleed down. This is the cloeset thing to a NEW H&R you can get but a third of the cost. AND the only way to get .350 or larger plungers in a 8 cylinder pump.

I got Peters reconditioned housing with a sleeved advance piston bore mounted on the vice. I will post updates of this pump as it comes together!!

20220315_194551.jpg
20220315_194604.jpg
20220315_194633.jpg
20220316_175353.jpg
20220316_175400.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics and info Sean! Really excited to go full mechanical.

Also the pump is going to have the hypermax puff limiter. Which resolves what to do about the top cover when converting a military 24v pump to 12v

Thanks also @Rockabillyrat for sharing the AC system info. Been too busy with work to update this thread some, but will get back on the wagon with the build to get up to speed before the pump goes in 🤘

Getting back to the building side of things,

In addition to the factory exhaust crossover being a pain in every which way, one of the other things I dislike the most about the 6.5 is the oil filter configuration for 4x4 trucks. So I was stoked to upgrade to a remote mount setup.

I first thought of going with Leroy's system, and still have it in the box if anyone wants to take it off my hands. I decided to go with the Amsoil dual remote bypass system because of the bypass filter used. Leroy's system is just 2 regular oil filters. The Amsoil system has a large primary filter and a secondary 2 micron bypass filter which is a lot more filtration. It's pricey, but joining Amsoil's preferred customer program before purchasing knocks around 75 bucks off the price.

I don't have any pictures of the adapter to the block. If it wasn't in the teens and snowing outside at the moment I'd go roll under the truck and snap a few. Will do so when there's better weather. I made a simple mounting bracket out of angle iron to mount the dual filter base that came with the kit. I ran it on the inside of the frame and the filters sit just above the bottom plane of the frame. Will snap a pic of that was well when weather allows

Filter base mounts to inside driver's side of frame just like this. Angle iron sits on top of frame rail

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

I got Peter's pump and injectors together this week. The injectors are built with stanadyne marine nozzles set to 2250psi. The pump is running the stage 1 fueling upgrade along with the .350 H&R. To limit the smoke on the lower RPMs a hypermax smoke puff limiter was installed. All that's left is to calibrate the pump on the bench. I will post the fuel volume numbers once its finished.

20220402_154109.jpg
20220402_105941.jpg

I haven't updated this thread in a while, here's a few pics why. Been working nearly nonstop on a cool construction project taking a brand new steel silo/ grain bin and turning into a home. Job site is an hour away so with a daily commute and working straight through some weekends it seems I'm never home. Project is coming along nicely though!

IMG_1149[1].JPG

IMG_1150[1].JPG

IMG_1133[1].JPG

Anywho as promised here's a few pics of the Amsoil remote filter setup on my truck. Clearance is really tight near the front drive shaft and bellhousing, but it fits!

IMG_1140[1].JPG

IMG_1139[1].JPG

IMG_1144[1].JPG

It looks like I put a spacer piece of steel under my bracket to make sure the filters sat above the bottom of the frame

IMG_1146[1].JPG

I also finally made time to take my truck to a shop to have the a/c charged...and when hooked up to pressure my never used condenser somehow got a hole in it from road debris in the past few years. So, I ordered a better quality condenser APDI 7014544 and sent it to Chris @Twisted Steel Performance for coating. I'm getting A/C working this summer come hell or high water!

I think you have the old style block adapter, I also had that, they came up with a new style and I now use it, much better fit and much more clearance...

And that house may be a little hard to heat me thinks....
A coat of spray foam on the inside will warm the house up.

It's already airtight. Except for the cut in openings

Very cool @Big Ray! Definitely not the first to build this design, but it really has lots of room for creativity.

There's 4 zones of radiant heat in the floor, along with loops sent through the footer to the front and side entrances to keep entryways from icing up. Plus radiant baseboards in every upstairs room on their own thermostat. 3 inches of spray foam in the walls and 5 inches on the ceiling is all we need to make code. If anything the place may be too tight and some kind of HRV/ air re-circulation system will be needed.

@Twisted Steel Performance good to know about the updated design. If the budget allows every future 6.5 of mine will have the bypass setup

Back