• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P2564 turbocharger vane control position sensor low voltage

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
A new member here letitsnow has some engine codes:

He writes:

I have a GMC 2500hd crew cab with the 6.6td LBZ motor and I just got the dreaded service dash light on. I have the Banks IQ with the speedbrake and it has a code scanner and the codes that came up are (P2564 turbocharger vane control position sensor low voltage) and (P003A turbocharger boost postion not learned ). Anyone familiar or have any insight as to what the issues are or how to resolve these issues? I try to take good care of my truck and this damn little is driving me nuts I can clear it out but it comes back the next key cycle.

When my 06 threw those codes, it was the vane position sensor. It could also be the vane control solenoid. Neither one is cheap.

Listen to the exhaust- is it changing from a hiss to the V8 blub-blub-blub and back repeatedly at idle?
I would also suggest returning it to stock before diagnosing it.

When my 06 threw those codes, it was the vane position sensor. It could also be the vane control solenoid. Neither one is cheap.

Listen to the exhaust- is it changing from a hiss to the V8 blub-blub-blub and back repeatedly at idle?
I would also suggest returning it to stock before diagnosing it.

Grady: Should the exhaust be making the hissing noise and changing to the blub-blub-blub noise? I thought that was normal and the turbo vane sensor was changing back and forth going through the self test?

Those codes are normal with the brake.the brake is fooling the computer to make the vanes close.i had the same thing with the fleece turbo brake.used efi live to shut it off.
Darryl

Thanks Darryl, This is brian with the banks speedbrake code issueP2564.Thanks for your input. System seems to be working great. Speedbrake is doing what is is supposed to be doing. No funny quirks shifting or downshifting unexpectantly. Engine is running smooth and has no funny sounding exhaust notes like the vanes opening and closing. I checked all the wiring harnesses (gm and Banks) for loose pin contact or what some say pin pushback and all seems well. I was going to run another ground from the speedbrake to a good chassis ground instead of the fenderwell location it is now. Have not done yet.I was also going to use dielectric grease on the connections maybe it has some voltage bleed? Is this a good or bad thing to do to the pin connections.
Can you tell me about the EFI live thingy. What is it and what do you do to get it that sort of thing. I can clear the code now through the baks IQ but it comes back the next day or if it sits long enough the next key cycle. I would just love to start the truck and not see that stupid light unless there is something tragically going on. thanks Brian

EFI Live is an engine tuner that programs the engine with more adjustability and flexibility than a regular box tuner.

Brian you can use efi to move the tollerences up on certain codes when you start putting aftermarket mods.
I know how big of a pain it is to have to reset the codes everytime you use the brake.
They also sell autocals that someone can write you the tunes and send them to you and you dont have to buy the expensive v2.
Darryl

Wow thats very cool, talking about the autocal. I will have to do some research on what I would have to do or need to make it read into the trucks brain I am assuming it connects thru a laptop some sort of fire wire and a end that connects to the obd2 port. That would be great to fool the sensor it only needs 4 volts instead of the5 volts needed. Ohh by the way the code does not come on every time I stepon the brake thru the speedbrake module. It only activates on the truck start-up only and most of the time I have to reset the SES light only once a day.

OHH by the way. Whats your opinion on dielectric grease on the connectors and a new ground connection is it worth trying .Or it will not really solve a voltage loss somewhere along the wiring path.
Brian

Back