• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0251 Injection Pump Cam code

Acesneights1

Reaction score
Ughhh. I can't win. Get one staightened out and the other one acts up. I already did my homework on this from the old database(I really hate going there now for some reason). So to get this in the new data base thought I'd post here plus get a couple opinoins. Truck ran great yesterday. Parked. went to start it this morning but i goofed and just cranked it without letting glowplugs do there job. Truck started rough and was a little loud and SES light on. Seemed to quite down and run ok although i only moved it on the property. Shut it off. Scanned it with a reader. Found P0251. Said great now the IP on this rag is going south. Truck does stumble a little from idle to 1200 rpm slighlty under no load but it always kinda did. Was figuring on worn injectors and have them ready to go. Fuel filter is about a month old. I buy my fuel in bulk and store it and it's run through 2 30 micron filters before it even sees the truck and I have never had a dirty fuel filter. So I cleared the code. Started the truck up again. No code. Revved it , drove it short distance , no recurring code. Could I have set it off by not letting the glows do thier job or will Mr. SES light be paying me a visit again soon ? Also Is Autoenginuity bi di rectional ? cause If I gotta buy a pump guess I'm buying that too.
Oh, Duhhh It's on my 2000 K3500. Guess that would help huh?

Last edited:
P0251 is one of the codes you get with optic bumps gone too far(have you recently or ever moved the optic sensor), or dirty optic disk, clear the code & see if it comes back, also optic sensor is replaceable in the field, could also be a loose/bad optic sensor connector on top of the IP

mine did the same thing a few weeks back. Scared the crap out of me cuz I can't afford a IP. I cleared it and 2 weeks later I changed my fuel filter and noticed my LP was out. Coincidence, probably but the code hasn't come back since.

I had that code come on but it only came on when my crankshaft position sensor needed to be replaced. After I replaced that and cleared the codes its never come back on and never give me any troubles.

mine did the same thing a few weeks back. Scared the crap out of me cuz I can't afford a IP. .
Ditto on that. Good to know a few other things in case it does come back. LP is only a year old replaced by the Stealer to fix random stalling problem. That was what brought me to the old site after those morons couldn't fix it.

Thats what I think mine was too. It always starts good and fast and the time it set the code was when I was leaving work. I started it up and it started "Hunting". I had to give it the go pedal to get it to stop. Then I noticed the light was on. Hasn't done it since. Hopefully yours is just a fluke too.

just got this code in my truck today. checked it w/ a snap-on mt-2500 at work. cleared it. and it hasn't come back yet. i didn't let the glows do there job totally and hit the key before the WTS was out. fingers crossed here too.

Back