• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

p0087 low fuel pressure

dmaxx3500

Deputy
Reaction score
guys ive read everything as far as p0087 goes,but i have had 3 fuel filters in the last 2 months,after cutting them open the last 2 are 2/3rd's clean,im going to have to hook up a tech 2 scanner to see what my fuel pressures are really,if there is alge in the fuel tank? ,how do i get rid of it? ,anybody get the dealer to tell you what a code p0087 really is caused by??

i'll look for some ,all this happened when i used 75 gals out of a semi we bought to scrap the sat for 2 months

It should be covered under warranty. (Under 100k mi) If the dealer doesn't have one in stock, I'm sure it would only take a day to find one and get it put in.

make sure they disconnect the relief line to verify the valve is open. also if it is bad or isn't make sure they do a pump pressure test. this verifies that the pump can actually make 180mpa.

Back