• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0087 code

It's a low fuel rail pressure code and I believe it throws you into limp mode if it sets the MIL. It has for me but that was from gel last winter. I think it can clear itself with several key cycles. Yours is possibly a plugged filter but you have a programmer don't you? Try clearing it and see if it comes back.

I have a new filter and can clear it with the evo. The reason I asked is because most of my 1/4 runs I would clear the code at the end before I got off the track. I did not clear it once and when I pulled off the track I thought I messed up something as the truck would not go. Cleared the code and and all was OK. Just wanted to be sure that was it. I was running 2wd and setting the code before the end of the run and still pulling 14.4's @102 mph on a limped fuel system:eek:. Lift pump is on the way and the sleeves go on this week.

Yeah, I saw the videos and your comments. Sounds like you're on the right track with a lift pump. You were HUNGRY for more fuel):h

Back