• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OverHeating Issues!! What Am I Missing?????

Ill say it only once. get an OEM Fan clutch and mod the spring. The problem with the haydens is that there is not enough meat on the bent tab to do the spring mod. Ask me how I know, well 5 clutches and I had to get an oem modded to get my truck to stay at 200.

Ill say it only once. get an OEM Fan clutch and mod the spring. The problem with the haydens is that there is not enough meat on the bent tab to do the spring mod. Ask me how I know, well 5 clutches and I had to get an oem modded to get my truck to stay at 200.

Kennedy Diesel already offers a special low temp calibration 6.5 clutch that keeps things cool for likely the dealer cost. Although fan(s) may not be his issue. $250.00 each for both stud (4 bolt) or thread on low temp clutch designs are offered.

Most these things that people are suggesting are mods needed to keep a loaded truck cool. He is heating up unloaded. Fans and clutches are not The issue. I have driven my Yukon for a week with NO FAN AT ALL. If I didn't tow or get stuck in traffic, it didn't over heat. I drove 60 miles on the highway at 80, 2 miles rural every day without a fan. Never had an issue. I would see 220 if I cought the light getting off the highway as soon as I got rolling again 180.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Most these things that people are suggesting are mods needed to keep a loaded truck cool. He is heating up unloaded. Fans and clutches are not The issue. I have driven my Yukon for a week with NO FAN AT ALL. If I didn't tow or get stuck in traffic, it didn't over heat. I drove 60 miles on the highway at 80, 2 miles rural every day without a fan. Never had an issue. I would see 220 if I cought the light getting off the highway as soon as I got rolling again 180.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Not true. My truck with a bad clutch would see 210 on a grade with the air on. And you can get an OEM clutch for 90 bucks just shop around.

One thought I have seen only one. But a mud upped block. This usually results in the cooling system not being taken care of. Back flush the block.

"Mud"was a problem on some gasser gm v8s,& blamed on mixing green antifreeze & dexcool amongst other things
I plugged up the block on a 70s 318 Plymouth, due it was believed to using a cheap non aluminum compatible antifreeze. It would overheat without much load. Regardless of what caused it ,we had to end up pulling the block ,knock out all the frost plugs & garden hosing the block through the frost plug holes to get rid of the mud in the bottom parts the block

What radiator did you install? If you have the spin on fan clutch, get the Kodiak unit, way better than anything out there. What brand of water pump? Do you have a part number? You should also do the bypass restrictor, the hose that goes from the water pump to the thermostats-take out the pump fitting and restrict it to 3/8 internal diameter. You have a flow/heat shedding issue which is why it overheats going up hills.

When you had the Dmax fan setup, could you hear the fan come on? Its not hard to miss when it comes on full boogie.

Back